Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Pistol-Forum!

Hello Pistol-Forum!

Hey All,

I just signed on as a supporting business, and I'd like to give you all a little background on myself and what I do.

My name is Josh, and I own and operate Armiger Solutions, a kydex company out of Cleveland, Ohio.

This account may be new, but I've been lurking around here for a few years now. I was originally pointed in this direction a while ago when I decided to get more serious with shooting, and have spent a bit of time soaking up knowledge from the forum. So, now that it's feasible to do so, I've decided that I'd like to help support the site that's helped me learn.

I can thank pistol forum for helping me get to where I am now with regards to shooting, self defense, and now with making gear. Without P-F, I might not have ever gotten into shooting matches, but I'm now an SSP Master in IDPA, and currently a USPSA A class production shooter. I dont know if I'd have even known who Southnarc was, let alone taken ECQC and gotten stabbed with trainers and shot with sims (and left with a burning desire for more.) - And when it comes to gear, you all helped point me towards quality gear before I made my own, and with those good suggestions, I learned what worked for me and what didn't. I learned what I liked, and what I didn't.

As we're all well aware, gear is highly subjective. What some posters here loved, I didn't. What some disliked, I enjoyed. I've set out to make gear that I like, and that I feel others will like as well. I strive to make gear that works, but more importantly, I like to ensure that it does. Be it on the stages with a timer, or in the front seat of a Chevy cavalier with a sims gun and a FIST helmet, I like to get out and see what works and where I can improve.

I've come to P-F now not only to help support the site but to help get my gear into the hands of people I know will actually use it, and I know will give good honest feedback as to how it functions. Since I started doing this, I've had a standing policy of "If you don't see it, doesn't mean I cant or wont do it." - Message me, email me, or send some smoke signals. I'm typically up for new challenges (within reason), but mostly because I've been the guy who wanted something and couldn't find it.

In the meantime, you can check out my web store (forever a work in progress), or find quick updates on my doings on Facebook or Instagram. You can also head over to the Karma section, where I figure I'll get this party started right by giving away a free OWB v2 holster.
    Last edited by Armiger; 03-14-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Welcome! What do you know about the front seat of a Chevy Cavalier? I know Germans don't play around.

For those who really like reading, here's some info on the products themselves...

I support almost 100 different pistol models, a handful of WMLs, and regularly stock about 30 colors of kydex and I'm not afraid to special order what I don't have. I also have the ability to design -literally anything- you want, and have it custom printed on the kydex. A fan of internet memes with a sense of humor? I recently did some dickbutt holsters. But hey, if that's not your thing, I've got plain black, too.

The IWB offerings include...

IWB v1, which is my ideal AIWB offering. It tucks the grip just enough to help, but not so much to have a bulky wedge on the belt line. I prefer a single attachment point so the gun can move with me throughout the day. It's also tuckable if you're into that kind of thing.

IWB v2, which features a fixed attachment point above the belt, typically soft loops or a "quick clip" - Available canted for behind the hip, or straight drop if you prefer a more stable AIWB type holster.

We also do IWB-L (Lightbearing) for those of you who like stuffing WML equipped pistols down your pants...

Our OWB holsters come in two major flavors....

OWB v1, your traditional pancake style holster. We try to make these as small as possible, as it's all too often we see holsters the size of a dinner plate strapped to someone hip with a subcompact lost in a sea of kydex.... Also available with a light. (OWB-L v1)

and last but not least...

OWB v2, made from one piece of kydex wrapped around the gun itself, this holster is great for pistol games as well as general range use where the concealment properties and accompanying size of a pancake style holster is not necessary. By nature this style features adjustable retention and a plethora of mounting options. Also available with a light (OWB-L v2)

Last edited by Armiger; 03-04-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EChryst View Post
    Welcome! What do you know about the front seat of a Chevy Cavalier? I know Germans don't play around.
    Thanks!

I know Germans are angry car jackers. I also know that I should have probably played the lottery after I took a sim round through that tiny hole in the front of the FIST helmet!
    Last edited by Armiger; 03-04-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    I like the ability to choose the mount system for the OWB V2.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The cool thing about the Safariland pattern is they have a billion options to choose from, and the holster body will transfer to any of them.

Bladetech's pattern as is allows for a little bit of "flop" when attached regularly. I build in a provision to help mitigate this with their ASRs, Tekloks, etc.

Doing what I can with what's available.
    Last edited by Armiger; 03-04-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ditto. Also like the appendix as I like a bit of movement in mine,
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Welcome.

Thode holsters look awesome.
    I Miss America

Site Supporter
    Any plans on getting a Sig P225 option?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Any plans on getting a Sig P225 option?
    Just looked, the molds are available. Drop me a line when you're ready and we'll get you situated.
    www.ASkydex.com

User Tag List