Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing/Displaying Knives

Storing/Displaying Knives

For those with a knife collection - how do you store them and/or display them? I've gone from a simple Benchmade to some nicer folders and straight knives, which are just stuffed in a sock drawer. I figured I'd give them some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz98 View Post
    For those with a knife collection - how do you store them and/or display them? I've gone from a simple Benchmade to some nicer folders and straight knives, which are just stuffed in a sock drawer. I figured I'd give them some respect.
    You can buy zippered, padded knife bags and / or cases. There are plenty to choose from online. I've had the ones I own for many years and they are still going strong. There are also "socks" for storage, etc. Options abound. A little light lube goes a long way to keeping the blades and actions free of issues.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I have one of these in my safe https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-4401.../dp/B000JXLSQ8

It works really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You can buy zippered, padded knife bags and / or cases. There are plenty to choose from online. I've had the ones I own for many years and they are still going strong. There are also "socks" for storage, etc. Options abound. A little light lube goes a long way to keeping the blades and actions free of issues.
    Would you mind sharing a link to some of these you’d recommend? My google-fu is weak, but this something I’ve been looking for for a while.

I've just used the rolls and satchel style carriers for both storage and display, but now that I'm starting to acquire more custom knives, I am considering building a glass covered display case with lighting and humidity control of some kind.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Would you mind sharing a link to some of these you’d recommend? My google-fu is weak, but this something I’ve been looking for for a while.
    JC, my bags are years old and I don't know that they're still available by the same companies.

I have two or three that are pretty much the same as this one, but with a different company logo / name. (Could very well be made at same manufacturing facility.)

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/ZT9...-knife-pockets

I also have a soft attache type bag made by Unique Cases that has a soft, velour-like interior with many individual pockets as well as larger full width compartments that I've had for many years.

I don't see it on their website but maybe if you contact them they can tell you if they still make it. It's a really nice bag and much more suitable for protecting valuable pieces as compared to the first one I posted...which I generally use for production knives like Benchmade, Spyderco and the like.

And then, of course, there are the standard little padded zipper pouches that are suitable for individual knives and can be stored in a larger bag or duffel.

They are available in various sizes / dimensions.

Here's one example:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Nylon-...Pouch-6--10099
    Last edited by blues; 04-16-2018 at 10:17 AM.

These are really nice, they make individual and multi slot pouches:

http://www.billscustomcases.com/

I also have some little lucite stands for display rather than storage. Forgot where I got them.

@jc000 I called "Unique", the company I linked to above and spoke to "Jerry" who says they no longer make the attache case type product I described. (It's been about 12 years since they discontinued it as demand wasn't high and they couldn't justify the cost of production.) He said he couldn't think of anyone to refer you to that makes a similar type product currently.

You may have to buy individual zipper (or velcro closure) pouches and just store them in a Pelican case or soft sided bag...or the other knife bags I linked to in the post above...the ones I use for the Benchmades, Spydercos etc.

Sorry couldn't help more.
    Last edited by blues; 04-16-2018 at 12:51 PM.

I'm a little more low-key about it.

And my main working knives: a Benchmade 750, AG Russell folding hunter, and a Benchmade Apparition.

EDC rotation: AG Russell Barlow and a Benchmade 940.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 04-16-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I'm in the Okie John camp, except that mine are laying all over the house. A friend who is a serious knife collector has what I believe are custom made shadow boxes to display his fancy/rare/expensive stuff.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List