Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd: Cultural Shifts After June 2020

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I agree. But my question is: Is this what the politicians have in mind when they want to defund the police?
    I think you are erroneously attributing rational thought to people who do not posses that capability. Seriously. The factions pushing this line of thinking are numerous, but all are not only willing to accept the violence and disorder that will result...that is a feature of the plan, not a bug. In practice, the combination of private security and gangs/armed militias that would assume power over competing territories would be the feudalism that these wanna be Che Guevaras have really envisioned all along.

I agree. But my question is: Is this what the politicians have in mind when they want to defund the police?
    I can see some of the politicians leaning that way...Emasculate the police, (no offense to female or "other" officers, the term is meant generically), disarm the populace, then make the argument that there is little need for the police to carry weapons. It's the long term dystopian utopian view.

I don't see the populace being disarmed so quickly or easily, but we live in strange interesting times. Never say never.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Well, if we're looking at Minneapolis as ground zero for the movement....

...the Minneapolis city council president just said that she envisions a "police-free society", because calling the police when someone victimizes you is an example of privilege.

So, I don't think they're envisioning bobbies on the beat, though disarming cops is probably on the table elsewhere has @AMC and I have discussed in San Francisco, in particular.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Could the plan be something like British cops?
    There is no plan they can articulate. Police bad-no more police. That's it. The end. They talk about a new form of public safety, but they have not fully considered what it will look like. They have not considered how long it would take, how the transition will progress, or anything else. They did say they would welcome current officers who want to work with the new whatever the fuck it is utopia department.

If I worked for MPD, I'd put my house on the block and start applying out of state. Until I could get out, I'd break the radio antenna off my car and drive around and count trees.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Highly suspect there is a plan ready to implement behind the curtain.
    Call it rezoning. Sex here, drugs there, etc.
    Everyone polices their own zone.

Remember how when the Caliphate took over a city, they went right to work on infrastructure?
    As long as the trash gets picked up and the buses are on time, most people won't care.

Think this sounds crazy? Take a deep look at who we're dealing with.

ETA: Think they can't sustain it? There will be payoffs and kickbacks to the City Council, who well be the clean well scrubbed faces the media will interview. Want to run against them? Does the prospect of getting black bagged appeal to you?

All this is possible when there is no LE, but instead a system based social justice and canceling others perceived privilege.
    Last edited by wvincent; 06-09-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    There is no plan they can articulate. Police bad-no more police. That's it. The end. They talk about a new form of public safety, but they have not fully considered what it will look like. They have not considered how long it would take, how the transition will progress, or anything else. They did say they would welcome current officers who want to work with the new whatever the fuck it is utopia department.
    I fear that you are correct. I was hoping to understand some sort of potentially reasonable middle ground, or if there some thought put forward by these leaders towards the desired end state.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Highly suspect there is a plan ready to implement behind the curtain.
    Call it rezoning. Sex here, drugs there, etc.
    Everyone polices their own zone.

Remember how when the Caliphate took over a city, they went right to work on infrastructure?
    As long as the trash gets picked up and the buses are on time, most people won't care.

Think this sounds crazy? Take a deep look at who we're dealing with.

ETA: Think they can't sustain it? There will be payoffs and kickbacks to the City Council, who well be the clean well scrubbed faces the media will interview. Want to run against them? Does the prospect of getting black bagged appeal to you?

All this is possible when there is no LE, but instead a system based social justice and canceling others perceived privilege.
    They did it on "The Wire" when they created "Hamsterdam" as the no-violence, drug zone for all to sell, purchase and partake within, as long as they followed the rules the cops created.

Any city, to include Minneapolis who eliminate their pd needs to return anything they have from the 1033 program NOW.
    That stuff is for LE. No LE? No need for those items.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Joe Biden must be smoking crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If I worked for MPD, I'd put my house on the block and start applying out of state. Until I could get out, I'd break the radio antenna off my car and drive around and count trees.
    I wonder if this (officers going into "neutral" and just coasting through their work day) is occurring already in many of these larger Democratic enclaves like Chicago, NYC, San Francisco, etc. We saw this occur in Baltimore "post- Freddie Gray" and within weeks, those communities were demanding that police return immediately due to increases in general lawlessness and murder.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List