Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin Is Fun To Watch...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...because the highest recognized virtue among liberals is agreeing with liberals. Thus people will judge his character in light of his politics.

If Ted Nugent said the same stuff the hue and cry from the mainstream press would be epic.
    Yes. That's correct.

Put. That keyboard. Down. Twitter is for useless info only, not racial slurs.

I really hate this, he's one of the funniest people on Earth, but such a huge raging a-hole.
    ABC : Always Be Classy, Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Am I to understand the article correctly that criminal charges are being considered because he offended people with his words?
    I am with you on this one...a HATE crime...really? I think the hate crime laws in this country go WAY too far. It is ridiculous that if you get in a fight and call the guy a jew, rag head, coon (thanks Alec) or whatever that all of a sudden it is a hate crime. What happened to sticks and stones...oh that's right, liberals. You reap what you sow.

We are diminished
    From the original quoted article:
    Miller said Baldwin rejected the identification as fake, a dismissal Baldwin repeated to his Twitter followers with racially loaded language.

“Moments after I tweet about the Post, Ralston, the ex-crackhead ‘photographer’ shows up at my door w 1 of Murdoch’s nieces in tow.”
    (emphasis mine)

I'm assuming crackhead is the "racially loaded" term? When did that become racial? The first crackhead I ever had to deal with was a middle-aged white woman. Is "meth head" equally racist given its predominance among caucasian drug users?

I was originally going to ask if there was a web page listing all the words and phrases that are now considered racist. But it would be a lot easier to compile the much shorter list of words that aren't.

That must have been one epic bender he was on.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    From the original quoted article:

(emphasis mine)

I'm assuming crackhead is the "racially loaded" term?
    I believe he used a word related to a nocturnal furry animal.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That must have been one epic bender he was on.
    I have a theory about that. While there are times when I'm sure people get pushed to the limit, usually when you see something like this it's revelation of the person's true nature. The masks are dropped and you get a glimpse of who the person really is down deep. People who are, at their core, hateful bastards always find a way to exhibit their hateful bastardness. Their public pronouncements and persona are often designed to overcompensate for their own flaws.

Those quickest to call something racist are usually themselves pretty darn racist. Etc.
    3/15/2016

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I believe he used a word related to a nocturnal furry animal.
    I saw that he allegedly spoke that word when confronted by the photog, and I have heard that word used in that context before.

But the article claimed his Tweet had a racist slur, and then they quoted the sentence I put in my post above. I'm just assuming "crackhead" was the word they meant. Maybe niece is racist now? I'm so confused...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I saw that he allegedly spoke that word when confronted by the photog, and I have heard that word used in that context before.

But the article claimed his Tweet had a racist slur, and then they quoted the sentence I put in my post above. I'm just assuming "crackhead" was the word they meant. Maybe niece is racist now? I'm so confused...
    Wow. I assumed that he used the nocturnal furry mammal reference in the tweet.

...but in our more "diverse" culture it's entirely possible that "crackhead" is now verbotten. I mean, if using a graphic on a website makes you guilty of having a congresswoman shot...
    3/15/2016

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Dr Ablow has some too-late advice for Alexs' parents:
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ed-narcissist/
    Did that knucklehead actually blame the decline of civilization on ******* Twitter?

"Don't let your kids hang out in the arcades and play Pac-Man, or they'll start smokin dope and listenin' to that Elvis guy on the Victrola! Get 'em out in the sunshine playing marbles! That way they'll stay off my lawn!"

That Ablow coot needs to stay the **** off my side.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Did that knucklehead actually blame the decline of civilization on ******* Twitter?
    I like him.. The way I read it, he's warning parents that they need to remain involved and aware of how the unrestrained/unmonitored abuse of new media can affect their children.

As I recently wrote, forces of technology and media are conspiring to deprive children, teenagers and young adults of their genuine feelings, intentions and empathy — essentially, making them trade in reality for logging into a Facebook fantasy of having hundreds or thousands of friends, launching a flurry of narcissistic Tweets about their comings and goings, playing at being pro athletes on Xbox and watching “reality TV” shows about people just like them, who are faking being real.
    I absolutely see this happening with kids... mine, their friends...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List