Page 117 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    So is anyone still making AIWB holsters for the USP 45 or USP 45 Expert? Same question for AIWB mag pouches. Seems pickings are slim now that JMCK no longer supports the USP.

Anyone have any AIWB USP 45 holster they want to sell?
    FIST has been pretty good about covering an awful lot of guns with their Model 1K thin kydex. You might really like them because they don't fold over the kydex in making the holster they sew two pieces together (very thin kydex) and it makes for a very thin holster. They made one up for a 4" N frame for me that carries really well AIWB. (and they're only about $45-$50).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    So is anyone still making AIWB holsters for the USP 45 or USP 45 Expert? Same question for AIWB mag pouches. Seems pickings are slim now that JMCK no longer supports the USP.

Anyone have any AIWB USP 45 holster they want to sell?
    Check with Dale Fricke.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Check with Dale Fricke.
    Thanks. Sent Dale an inquiry.

JHC, thanks for the FIST recommendation. I'll look into them if the Fricke Archangel holster doesn't work out.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 08-07-2019 at 10:54 PM.

I don’t know how I went this long without discovering this thread, but I’m glad I did. Thanks for all the great information archived here.

I was looking hard for a G20 (even though I had serious reservations I couldn’t come with options other than my Blackhawk 45 Colt, and I knew that wasn’t going to work) to cover my Bridger Teton elk hunt this fall. Lucky for me, 2 local sales fell through (bad, bubba’d gun and a bad seller who couldn’t make rendezvous). Also lucky about that time I discovered this thread and found other options, which included a pistol I already own. I have Underwood ammo and a Kenai chest rig on order for my USP. The piece has always fired anything I’ve tried so I plan to run 20 through it to test and call it good as long as that goes well.

I have carried P2000/ P30’s. all LEM light, for years. Now that I’m back shooting the USP and my HK45 regularly again thanks to this thread, I’m wondering if I need to step up to an HK45c and see how that works out for carry in place of the 9mm.

My USP is V1, but going to V3 this week. I consider that my best option for chest-rig carry in big bear country. My HK45 is LEM, but I have the parts to put it back to the original V1, so a simple matter to move it to V3 also, putting my 2 full-sized 45’s into the same configuration. I’m thinking I’d like to try the 45c in LEM, so I don’t confuse myself any more than necessary with the other pistols I carry in appendix rigs.

Finally my question/request for info:

Am I right that there is absolutely no reason I shouldn’t be able to pull the LEM kit out of the HK45 full size and pop it right into a compact, if all I can come up with is a NON-LEM pistol? There is a DA/SA V1 compact that might be a good option locally.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hardscrabble View Post
    Am I right that there is absolutely no reason I shouldn’t be able to pull the LEM kit out of the HK45 full size and pop it right into a compact, if all I can come up with is a NON-LEM pistol? There is a DA/SA V1 compact that might be a good option locally. Thanks.
    Should work fine. HK USP's (all) and HK45, HK45C share the same lem parts. I put an old USP LEM kit into my HK45C, no issues. There are differences in the thumb safety lever for the HK45 family (from the USP's).

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Should work fine. HK USP's (all) and HK45, HK45C share the same lem parts. I put an old USP LEM kit into my HK45C, no issues. There are differences in the thumb safety lever for the HK45 family (from the USP's).
    Thank you. That’s good news.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    That reminds me...I need to call Beth at HK and get an update on my LEM kit...! Was supposed to be back in stock 7/30.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you are simulating stopping a determined bear, I would draw a circle around the nose and eyes and consider anything outside just a warning shot.
    The Underwood ammo is plenty accurate, no problem getting 92-96 all in the black on a Vickers drill. I still need some work however.

At least fewer warning shots today.

Name:  bear target 8_11_19 post.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  44.2 KB
    Last edited by fatdog; 08-11-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    You chipped his tooth!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    You chipped his tooth!
    Don't worry,he has plenty more.

User Tag List