Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa LEO takes out shooter in highway traffic

Tulsa LEO takes out shooter in highway traffic

First recorded kill by a Vortex Strikefire?

Really impressive. The perp was actively shooting at cars on the highway.

#RESIST

Data on the suspect.

https://www.enidnews.com/oklahoma/ac...c2d8dce01.html

Shaw is suspected of walking to a Cicis Pizza restaurant in the 4900 block of South Peoria Avenue on Friday and shooting a patron in the arm, apparently at random (the victim survived). Police have said Shaw also shot another person in the chin. That person survived as well.

He then began to cross I-44 and police have said he had attempted to car jack at least two people and was allegedly pointing his firearm at multiple people as well prior to being shot and killed.

Shaw, 25, has previous charges in Tulsa County for larceny from a house, possession of a firearm after former conviction of a felony. He was charged last year with robbery, but the charges were dropped after a prosecution witness failed to appear, according to court records.
    #RESIST

Were they shooting across a road full of moving traffic?

That dude is in shape, dont think he was even breathing hard.

When he handed the rider his coffee and said "hold this" I expected him to add "shits about to get real".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ETA: After I posted I noticed this is in the LE sub forum and my post really isn't "confined to the topics of LE training and equipment", take it down if it shouldn't be here.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-24-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    If you have a clear shot to end an active shooter, take it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What a great job. The officer ran his ass off, kept his composure and took out the shooter. Absolutely professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Yes, he stabilized his shooting position and nailed the perp that was shooting at traffic. I'm just guessing here, but might be former .mil given the tatts.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If you have a clear shot to end an active shooter, take it.
    Without a doubt. Which is what drove the question. It didn't look all that clear with cars passing by but I recognize that FPV isn't the same as being there.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-24-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    What a great job. The officer ran his ass off, kept his composure and took out the shooter. Absolutely professional.
    Yeah, this was extremely impressive.
    #RESIST

Agreed, he pulled up, improved his position and didn't hesitate to take his shots, (absolute control with two well paced shots). Really solid work. I hope and pray the rank and file of departments continue to get good cops who can preform under pressure as we saw, (despite all the continued anti police sentiment in this country). We need cops like this who are willing and able to take out the trash and do it to the level of professionalism we saw in the video. Thanks for posting this.

ETA, it looks like he shot completely across the highway from what I can tell and it looks like from google that the standard lane width is about 12 feet plus medians on each side so the shot was probably between 40-50 yards give or take. So after running all that way and still having the conscious thought to get down and stabilize/obtain cover makes it more impressive in my book. Especially when you think about how little time gets spent in most departments covering tactics and actually dealing with situations like this. Law enforcement in this country really is a cut above no doubt.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-24-2019 at 08:15 AM.

User Tag List