Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

It would take one thing to make me look seriously at moving to these from Glocks, at least for subcompacts.

A SCD.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 920 is attractive looking.
    Yes it is...
    I'm curiously awaiting your comparison to a 365 / XL

I just got back from a good range session. 200 rounds through the CR920. No stoppages. No failures to eject. I did get one piece of brass in the glasses and one near miss. Another bounced off of my hat. While shooting five-round strings working on cadence, I hit the slide release lever and locked the slide open after the fifth shot, twice. There were three instances where it felt like the slide was reciprocating in slow motion, but it did not stop. All of the weirdness happened while shooting Fed AE 124 grain ammo. I then shot a box of Blazer Brass 115's and a box of Federal 115 "Range-Practice-Target". No issues of any kind with the 115's.

I will say that in my opinion, the claims that the CR920 shoots like a full-sized gun are BS. The gun shoots very well, but it shoots like a 17-ounce 9mm. You have to drive it a lot harder than a larger gun. Big surprise. It's been a while since I have shot a P365xl, but from what I recall, I think it is the closest to "shooting like a full size".

I also ran another 100 rounds of AE 147's through the XR920. That thing is pure sex. I love it. It's wearing an HS407CO. I like the 8 moa circle.

Off topic: It happened to be HK demo day at the gun club so I got to run 60 rounds through a full-auto MP5k. A first for me. That was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I just got back from a good range session. 200 rounds through the CR920. No stoppages. No failures to eject. I did get one piece of brass in the glasses and one near miss. Another bounced off of my hat. While shooting five-round strings working on cadence, I hit the slide release lever and locked the slide open after the fifth shot, twice. There were three instances where it felt like the slide was reciprocating in slow motion, but it did not stop. All of the weirdness happened while shooting Fed AE 124 grain ammo. I then shot a box of Blazer Brass 115's and a box of Federal 115 "Range-Practice-Target". No issues of any kind with the 115's.

I will say that in my opinion, the claims that the CR920 shoots like a full-sized gun are BS. The gun shoots very well, but it shoots like a 17-ounce 9mm. You have to drive it a lot harder than a larger gun. Big surprise. It's been a while since I have shot a P365xl, but from what I recall, I think it is the closest to "shooting like a full size".

I also ran another 100 rounds of AE 147's through the XR920. That thing is pure sex. I love it. It's wearing an HS407CO. I like the 8 moa circle.

Off topic: It happened to be HK demo day at the gun club so I got to run 60 rounds through a full-auto MP5k. A first for me. That was awesome!
    This is the smallest pistol I have that shoots nearly as well as a mid size. With the extended mag I guess it is near mid size.

Name:  FC08DDAC-F6CC-4B79-A2BA-5919ADC83751.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  88.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yea the p365xl imo shoots better. But the cr920 shoots much better than a g43

G26 shoots the best but it is fat. I may wanna trade my cr920 for a g26

Mp5k is amazing esp full auto.

My cr920 I feel will never be g19 reliability but it probably will be about my g43's reliability level

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Mp5k is amazing esp full auto.

My cr920 I feel will never be g19 reliability but it probably will be about my g43's level of reliability
    Oops fat finger

If the CR920 can prove to be reliable, I have a role for it.
    I personally like the 43, and have yet to experience a failure with it. Maybe I will shoot the two side by side just to see if there is an obvious difference. Same with the 43x.

I was able to run .22 splits and keep the dot in the A zone at 7 yards with the CR920. It took some work.
    The XR920 produced .19 splits with much less effort, as one might expect. Given the size of the CR, I am happy with that.

Took my CR to the range finally and put 200 rounds through it. I didn’t have any failure to ejects but I did have 6 failure to feed in the first 3 mags. After the third mag I had no other issues aside from my grip causing me to ride the slide stop so it wouldn’t lock back.

User Tag List