Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Let it be public publicly stated there is no "Fraud" in this. Our attorney & Accountant has reviewed all the financial reports and assured us of this.

Oh, well it's settled then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    So much bullshit. Either your funds were "frozen" (and can therefore be unfrozen and used to eventually pay your obligations), or they were stolen by someone at Alias or PayPal -- and it wasn't PayPal.

I get that PayPal is a popular whipping boy with gun people, but I suspect PayPal is just being used as a convenient excuse (that a lot of Alias customers will believe due to the rampant "PayPal has extreme anti-2nd Amendment policies" narrative that exists) to shift/deflect blame.
    Precisely my thoughts.

So much bullshit. Either your funds were "frozen" (and can therefore be unfrozen and used to eventually pay your obligations), or they were stolen by someone at Alias or PayPal -- and it wasn't PayPal.

I get that PayPal is a popular whipping boy with gun people, but I suspect PayPal is just being used as a convenient excuse (that a lot of Alias customers will believe due to the rampant "PayPal has extreme anti-2nd Amendment policies" narrative that exists) to shift/deflect blame.
    Is it Paypal, or the credit card processing company? I didn't realize he was accepting Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is it Paypal, or the credit card processing company? I didn't realize he was accepting Paypal.
    My deposit was through PayPal. Paul was unable to bill me for the 2nd half of a class before announcing the financial issues.

Another individual I know's card was charged the second half of a payment the day before the announcement. I'm not sure who processed the cards for Alias.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 07-19-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Myself and the previously mentioned individual were not able to receive refunds from Paypal/Credit Card company because the deposits (first half of class cost) were made too long ago (Mid 2015).
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 07-19-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    (I was already on the fence about the class due to worries about my age (54) or I would have followed this up with Craig directly. )
    I did EWO (I'm told it's at least as physical as ECQC) at 56. Most people were 1/2 to 2/3 my age. I have all the usual middle aged deterioration, but I got through the course ok. But I did prep for it physically for 5 months.

The story (that Paul is peddling) is that he started using PayPal for merchant services (i.e., CC processing) near the beginning of 2016 and that's what caused all the problems.
    Other training groups / hosts use PayPal and they seem to manage: NE Shooters, Northern Red.

Ah, had no idea. I do think that Paypal has terms that prohibit gun related sales, don't they?

Ah, had no idea. I do think that Paypal has terms that prohibit gun related sales, don't they?
    Guns themselves.

I'm also not sure they have terms where neither gets the money and they keep it all. It's not like they figured it out and said "fuck you both" and kept the money, PayPal I mean.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I guess, though all the training outfits I went through PP for didn't disguise their name or their course name. Add Dave Spaulding to that list. All this goes back at least a year, so I would think blaming PP doesn't ring true.

User Tag List