Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $249 Model 64s

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

$249 Model 64s

https://shop.adventureoutdoors.us/ha...-trade-1958439

If you’re even slightly thinking about buying a Model 64, this is probably worth jumping on with both feet.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Great candidate to cut up as a project gun

I'm still new to revolvers. How big of a deal is not having the ejector rod be shrouded like on a M19/66? As a novice, it would seem to me that there's not much weight added for a little extra metal giving that full shroud but you could gain enormous durability should you ever wind up using your gun to hit someone with. After your 6 rounds are out that is. I wonder why all guns don't have the full shroud? Even on a gun meant for pure plinking, I would think it adds durability in case it was banged around accidentally. But I'm just guessing on the weight cost. Maybe it weighs more than I think to add the full shroud?
    Last edited by powell556; 05-13-2019 at 09:00 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    https://shop.adventureoutdoors.us/ha...-trade-1958439

If you’re even slightly thinking about buying a Model 64, this is probably worth jumping on with both feet.
    Already have two. Suppose I could get another and hope it's better than the cop-gun roulette picks I have so far... Or I could find my sanity somewhere under a case of 9mm.

Due to the potential for rough handling of police guns, it may be better to be patient and lurk for the deal on GB, where you can see pics of the actual gun you're going to receive. Some sellers there post photos of the individual units; I searched through many, many listings when buying a reimported Beretta 84 and ended up with a sweet enough example at a good enough price that I was able to flip it without losing too many sheckels when I decided it wasn't for me.

You'll pay a little more, but the cost of repairs adds up a heck of a lot faster than the cost of just buying a better gun in the first place. At least if your goal is to end up with a reasonably nice one. IMO, etc.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-13-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by powell556 View Post
    I'm still new to revolvers. How big of a deal is not having the ejector rod be shrouded like on a M19/66? As a novice, it would seem to me that there's not much weight added for a little extra metal giving that full shroud but you could gain enormous durability should you ever wind up using your gun to hit someone with. After your 6 rounds are out that is. I wonder why all guns don't have the full shroud? Even on a gun meant for pure plinking, I would think it adds durability in case it was banged around accidentally. But I'm just guessing on the weight cost. Maybe it weighs more than I think to add the full shroud?
    It’s a total non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Already have two. Suppose I could get another and hope it's better than the cop-gun roulette picks I have so far... Or I could find my sanity somewhere under a case of 9mm.

Due to the potential for rough handling of police guns, it may be better to be patient and lurk for the deal on GB, where you can see pics of the actual gun you're going to receive. Some sellers there post photos of the individual units; I searched through many, many listings when buying a reimported Beretta 84 and ended up with a sweet enough example at a good enough price that I was able to flip it without losing too many sheckels when I decided it wasn't for me.

You'll pay a little more, but the cost of repairs adds up a heck of a lot faster than the cost of just buying a better gun in the first place. At least if your goal is to end up with a reasonably nice one. IMO, etc.
    I have two M64s, as well. I;m not looking for another. But for those who don't, I suspect that we're seeing the end of the days of the cheap-ish K frames.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by powell556 View Post
    Not having a full length shroud is not that big a deal. It just isn't. These were duty guns for over 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I have two M64s, as well. I;m not looking for another. But for those who don't, I suspect that we're seeing the end of the days of the cheap-ish K frames.
    I think you’re right. I snagged one of the ones Southern Ohio Gun sold in 2017 or I would jump on one of these. We likely won’t be seeing many more sales of $250 K Frames.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I should just drive over there and see if I can't pick one out. I wonder if they have any 3 inchers?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I should just drive over there and see if I can't pick one out. I wonder if they have any 3 inchers?
    I promise not to hate you if you find onr.

Go for it.

User Tag List