Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KSTG Match at the NRA Range: 14-Feb-2012

I have some safety glasses that record video and sound that I'm probably going to be wearing next time around so I can get a better idea of what I am doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    I'll defer to ToddG for final word, but I saw people taking digital recordings at the 1/31 match. I'm assuming that so long as you receive consent from the parties being filmed, you're a-OK. It's been my assumption that the NRA Range's "no photography" rule is to keep people from being unknowingly photographed or recorded.
    There was a person I noticed during the 9PM relay that was taking phone-video, but it seemed to be of only one competitor, and I was reasonably certain that the competitor knew what was going on, so I didn't say anything. I might've been a upset if it were me being filmed, however.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kle View Post
    There was a person I noticed during the 9PM relay that was taking phone-video, but it seemed to be of only one competitor
    Right, he only filmed one guy - he happens to be an RSO. They were(are) friends.
    Last edited by JV_; 02-03-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Save your money. If all you want is video of you running a stage or two, I'll take it with my dSLR (HD). IMO, it's better because it includes what you're doing, not just your gun and the target.
    I agree. I probably won't go through with it.

honestly, I just think the FPS videos are cool, and sort of want one of myself.

and don't bother with the dslr, I have a camcorder which will do the job fine, that I can pop in my pocket.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

See y'all tonight. I'll be there with my G34 (because it's my carry gun, and I don't (yet) have a 26/19/17), shooting out of competition.

Or, does anyone who'll be at the 7pm squad have a spare 17/19/26 I could borrow for the match?

Show of hands, who else DQ'ed by knocked over the vase tonight? I'm sure I won't be alone. Todd - next time? silk roses don't need water

Quote Originally Posted by televiper View Post
    Show of hands, who else DQ'ed by knocked over the vase tonight? I'm sure I won't be alone. Todd - next time? silk roses don't need water
    I thought about breaking the roses in half and stuffing them into the vase so that they would have no way to fall over. Wonder if anyone stuff them in upside down?

It was fun, I need to work on first shot and one handed shooting.
    Last edited by MEH; 02-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by televiper View Post
    Show of hands, who else DQ'ed by knocked over the vase tonight?
    Apparently I came close, but it didn't fall over.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beastfrog View Post
    It was fun, got to work on first shot and one handed shooting.
    Are you coming friday?

was a cool match, as expected.

on stage 3, did anyone else actively try and use the positioning of themselves and the 2 sets of side targets as "KSTG gamer shoot-throughs?" in other words, actively attempting to need to fire fewer rounds due to more distant targets being hit by rounds that were aimed at and passed through closer targets.

I got the idea after someone who went before me who got 4 A zone hits on one of the distant targets, despite only intending to shoot it twice.

this was pretty admittedly pretty risky, since there were no-shoots all over. the no-shoots were both lower, and so I told myself to make sure my rounds don't go low.

If I remember correctly, on the draw I engaged cupid 5 times, then the close target to the right (which I tried to line up with its corresponding distant target), then steel, then I observed the far target, which I could see had one A zone hit from a round that passed through the closer target. so I only had to shoot it once. I do not remember my little plan working on the other side, I think the far target had a -1 down hit when I observed it. Didn't line up the targets well enough, apparently.

Although I wonder if this really saved me any time.

also, the more I think about this, the more sense I think it would have made to simply engage everything from left to right.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List