Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

HK P30SK

I'm hearing rumors that HK is coming out with an SK version of the P30. Has anyone else heard this? My first reaction is, it's just interwebs BS. But it would be pretty sweet if it was true.

I think that rumor has been on the other HK forum for a while.

Yeah, it is true. There was a post on it at lenght over on HKPRO. An attendee at a Military Expo event actually put his paws on it, as did another on same forum. They commented on its size, look etc. No pics were taken to the decorum of the event. I thought it would be ready for Shot, but didn't happen. Can't wait to see it. Search "P30SK" over there and it pops up immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Yeah, it is true. There was a post on it at lenght over on HKPRO. An attendee at a Military Expo event actually put his paws on it, as did another on same forum. They commented on its size, look etc. No pics were taken to the decorum of the event. I thought it would be ready for Shot, but didn't happen. Can't wait to see it. Search "P30SK" over there and it pops up immediately.
    That might be the one to get me off of Glocks for AIWB!

The P2000sk got me off Glocks already for AIWB. The ergos of a P30 would be another added bonus.

To me, the P2000SK is the P30SK. It is un-needed in my mind compared to the critical need for a VP9SK. But hey......what do I know. I carry a P2000SK quite a bit and love the gun. If I could get one with the same trigger system as my VP9, it would make a natural back-up, off-duty gun for the VP9.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    To me, the P2000SK is the P30SK. It is un-needed in my mind compared to the critical need for a VP9SK. But hey......what do I know. I carry a P2000SK quite a bit and love the gun. If I could get one with the same trigger system as my VP9, it would make a natural back-up, off-duty gun for the VP9.
    +1000. A P30SK is just a P2000sk with some grip stippling for all practical purposes. A VP9SK would be a much more logical addition to the line.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I agree. My hope is that the P30SK will have a close to 5" grip since the standard size grip is bigger then the standard size P2000 grip. I've found that G19 length grip is the shortest I like to go.

Taken with a grain (or 10) of salt, but I saw a thread over on HKPro about an apparent downtrend of P2000sk pricing. That COULD seem to support the idea they are trying to move inventory before a new, overlapping model comes out.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    +1000. A P30SK is just a P2000sk with some grip stippling for all practical purposes. A VP9SK would be a much more logical addition to the line.
    Agreed. Having carried both the P2SK and the P30L AIWB I can personally testify to the fact that the P30 does nothing more, or better, for me than the SK, except tear up my UA shirts like crazy. I live with that as I'm not inclined to sand the grips on the "body side" of my serious guns just in case I ever needed to rely on them to make a WHO shot.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

User Tag List