Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CA Governor Newsom: "it's time to sober up about green energy flaws"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    At least my NorCal-dwelling family pays a minimum rate/kW*hr approximately triple what I pay here in Houston, and depending on usage, it can go up to 5x. So there's that...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Source? Not doubting you, but interested to learn more.
    I read it in some article on income iniquity in CA—if it was a county, it would be right up there with the third worlders. I vividly recall the sentence structure: “if you are on welfare in the USA, there’s a 1 in 3 chance you live in CA...”

I’ll see If I can find that article, but in the meantime, here’s the first hit I got off google:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I read it in some article on income iniquity in CA—if it was a county, it would be right up there with the third worlders. I vividly recall the sentence structure: “if you are on welfare in the USA, there’s a 1 in 3 chance you live in CA...”

I’ll see If I can find that article, but in the meantime, here’s the first hit I got off google:
    Thanks for the data!

My favorite political website Fabius Maximus has described Cali as "inner party(politicians, Holllywood types, tech execs and entrepreneurs), outer party(tech workers and some creative types) and plebs (everyone else). That is probably more true of the Bay Area than anywhere else, and ignores farmers, but it seems pretty accurate otherwise. Cali is probably the best example of why great and not-so-great CEOs may not have great ideas about how to run the government. The same ideas that propel an IT company to great success may have nothing to do with public policy success.

I am still waiting for "California ways and results" to become a talking point in this election, but if the Trump ads I see are any indication, the campaign will be about women who are "scared of Biden", about 2/3 brown, 1/3 white. An OK move I guess, but not too interesting.

Nuclear power would be a great solution for power woes, IMO, but the battle to make it publicly acceptable is probably a bigger uphill climb than broadening support for the 2A. The USSR really made that difficult.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Did I miss anything?

Democrats

CA Governor Newsom: "it's time to sober up about green energy flaws"

Like so much of the Democratic agenda, green energy is all about symbolic gestures. In this case, the appearance of doing something good for the environment.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Thanks for the data!

My favorite political website Fabius Maximus has described Cali as "inner party(politicians, Holllywood types, tech execs and entrepreneurs), outer party(tech workers and some creative types) and plebs (everyone else). That is probably more true of the Bay Area than anywhere else, and ignores farmers, but it seems pretty accurate otherwise. Cali is probably the best example of why great and not-so-great CEOs may not have great ideas about how to run the government. The same ideas that propel an IT company to great success may have nothing to do with public policy success.

I am still waiting for "California ways and results" to become a talking point in this election, but if the Trump ads I see are any indication, the campaign will be about women who are "scared of Biden", about 2/3 brown, 1/3 white. An OK move I guess, but not too interesting.

Nuclear power would be a great solution for power woes, IMO, but the battle to make it publicly acceptable is probably a bigger uphill climb than broadening support for the 2A. The USSR really made that difficult.
    We have a plant here that was started and never finished. I think the Satsop cooling towers are still there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNP-3_and_WNP-5
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Like so much of the Democratic agenda, green energy is all about symbolic gestures. In this case, the appearance of doing something good for the environment.

"Just one word...methane!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    And Fukushima. Haven't heard much about cesium in seafood lately, would be interesting to refresh on.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    We have a plant here that was started and never finished. I think the Satsop cooling towers are still there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNP-3_and_WNP-5
    And that Hanford, place, whatever goes on there...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I read it in some article on income iniquity in CA—
    A lamb sacrifice perhaps?... if they could afford it, that is.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    A lamb sacrifice perhaps?... if they could afford it, that is.
    I kind of like the way it reads, as is.

User Tag List