Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Clinch Picks are here.

The CP with a DSG sheath makes such a sweet combo. I initially modded the original sheath, then made my own improved design for the CP. Both were better than the factory product but once I acquired the DSG sheath the others went into "the drawer".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Awesome tips thanks! I appreciate you putting that out being a holster/sheath maker. Speaks a lot about your character and I will definitely be ordering from you in the future. Would you mind sharing a picture of one of your sheaths with a metal clip?
    Soon. I need to snap some website pics and get the option set up in the webstore as well.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Soon. I need to snap some website pics and get the option set up in the webstore as well.
    Ahhh hmmm excuse me but you forgot the required Soon™

And I have a question. I had my clinch pick hollow ground and a convex edge. Would I need to send it to you to have a sheath made?
    Last edited by UNK; 01-07-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Double tap
    Last edited by UNK; 01-07-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I had Watson do a hollow grind re-work on mine and it fits the DSG sheath just dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ahhh hmmm excuse me but you forgot the required Soon™

And I have a question. I had my clinch pick hollow ground and a convex edge. Would I need to send it to you to have a sheath made?
    We need a button that adds the Soon™ label to posts.

So long as you didn't add material we should be good. The widest surfaces still hold the knife in place and constrains one direction of movement. The other two directions are untouched by the regrind.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I really like my clinch pick. The size and handle shape are awesome. But I don't carry it. I have too many years of placing my thumb on the blade and I'm afraid I will do it under stress. Any source of for clinch picks with the edge on the opposite side? I understand I'm missing some of the advantages but at this stage of my life I don't have the time or will to retrain my thumb. I took a spyderco clipit class from John holschen back in 96? and I put in the work to learn it .

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I really like my clinch pick. The size and handle shape are awesome. But I don't carry it. I have too many years of placing my thumb on the blade and I'm afraid I will do it under stress. Any source of for clinch picks with the edge on the opposite side? I understand I'm missing some of the advantages but at this stage of my life I don't have the time or will to retrain my thumb. I took a spyderco clipit class from John holschen back in 96? and I put in the work to learn it .
    Ban can make you a custom with a conventional edge orientation.

I made some modifications to the sheath. It looks weird now but is an improvement I think.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I cut my original CP sheath down quite a bit and I'm pretty happy with it although the CP does rattle around in the sheath a little but retention is still good.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List