Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

I ordered a Combat model with optic cut. I’ve got a Holosun 507c waiting for it to arrive. I was told it would be about 6-8 weeks. I’m looking forward to giving pistol mounted optics a fair shake, especially considering that it sounds like my employer will be authorizing PMOs on duty pistols down the line. I’d rather already have some experience with the concept when everything’s approved. @Tokarev and @Texaspoff, how are you guys still liking your MR918s after having them for a while?
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 10-08-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    how are you guys still liking your MR918s after having them for a while?
    I'm carrying mine today as a matter of fact. Currently have it loaded with 124 HSTs in factory Gen5 Glock mags. I haven't had any problems with the Magpul mags but prefer the smaller profile of the Glocks.

If and when Unity finally releases the ATOM 2.0 I plan to send my slide off for that cut. I have thought about having the slide milled for an RMR but would rather wait for the new Unity adapter system.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Picked up a Black combat with black DLC barrel on Saturday 100 flawless round that morning another 200 today been running it with the 2 P mags and a G17 mag.
    I was out shopping for a 19x and did a complete impulse buy with it. I’ve Not run a Striker pistol for quite some time except my shield, mostly 1911s with my P30 V1 lem & M9a1 thrown in. I have to say the MR918 offers a few niceties in the basic pistol definitely growing on me.

I bought one of their blem lowers and filled it up with my Gen 4 parts and top end. I far prefer the ergonomics of the MR to the Glock. I only have about 500 rounds on mine right now, but it's been 100%.

It's been a good change and I'm very likely to buy a complete MR918 now. I'll put my Gen 4 Glock back together and make it my back up office gun.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I bought one of their blem lowers...
    What's the blem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's the blem?

It was supposedly the texturing on the front strap area. Most people couldn’t even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I ordered a Combat model with optic cut. I’ve got a Holosun 507c waiting for it to arrive. I was told it would be about 6-8 weeks. I’m looking forward to giving pistol mounted optics a fair shake, especially considering that it sounds like my employer will be authorizing PMOs on duty pistols down the line. I’d rather already have some experience with the concept when everything’s approved. @Tokarev and @Texaspoff, how are you guys still liking your MR918s after having them for a while?

I like it, although it doesn't get much range time anymore. I found when running drills with it, it became almost unbearably hot on the frame in front of the take down lever, front index points. The front rail inserts are in the frame in this area. This is also near the locking block. After about 3 or 4 mags during drills, this area becomes really hot. Enough that I have to be mindful of thumb placement.

While under most circumstances, this area wouldn't heat up. During drills, this becomes an issue for me. If it was 100 rounds I would say ok I need to suck it up, but after 6 mags during training, I can't rest my finger on the frame, and that's and issue for me.

Other than that, the MR918 is an awesome pistol and if they would come up with a 19X/G45 version I would likely get one.

For now, my G45's and G43X are my go to guns.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 10-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I like it, although it doesn't get much range time anymore. I found when running drills with it, it became almost unbearably hot on the frame in front of the take down lever, front index points. The front rail inserts are in the frame in this area. This is also near the locking block. After about 3 or 4 mags during drills, this area becomes really hot. Enough that I have to be mindful of thumb placement.

While under most circumstances, this area wouldn't heat up. During drills, this becomes an issue for me. If it was 100 rounds I would say ok I need to suck it up, but after 6 mags during training, I can't rest my finger on the frame, and that's and issue for me.

Other than that, the MR918 is an awesome pistol and if they would come up with a 19X/G45 version I would likely get one.

TXPO
    Have you noticed any loosening of the trigger pin? Mine doesn't jump the slide stop spring during use but it does "walk" from flush on one side of the frame to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

TXPO
    That’s a little concerning but my range sessions are normally not too fast paced. I’ll normally go through 200-250 rounds over about two hours. I’ll see if I notice the issue.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List