Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the Hornady Lock-N-Load Single Stage Primer Pocket Swage tool in .223

Brian Enos will be getting money from me as well. From what I understand, he's the go-to guy for ordering Dillon presses.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Brian Enos will be getting money from me as well. From what I understand, he's the go-to guy for ordering Dillon presses.
    He retired and refers his business to Krakenpop.
    #RESIST

Kewlio, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I can't remember who (but I will) on this forum said not to get one, he hated his.
    The RCBS uses the case rim to hold the case during staging operation. Results in bent rims, from what I understand.

I like the looks of the Hornady. How does it work with 9mm? Is there a large primer version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RCBS swagger is a pain in the ass. The brass would stickto the ram.

LL- Have you tried various brass or has it all been the same headstamp so far?

Add me to the list of those who hate the RCBS primer swager. Maybe there is some secret to making it work but mine has been a slow PITA to use.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have a Dillon Super Swage 600. The rims of my primer pockets don't come out as nicely radiused as in the photos here and I occasionally (probably 1 in a hundred) encounter a problem with seating a primer on a case I've swaged with it.

I hope you keep us updated in the future as to how the Hornady swage tool works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have a large amount of military crimped 5.56 brass. I've been trying to make the K&M Primer Pocket Correction Tool work for me and I have had fairly consistent bad results with it no matter how carefully I use in conjunction with my drill. When attempting to prime brass "corrected" by this tool, I can immediately feel resistance and if I continue to .....
    The K&M tool data specifically states that it is not meant to remove the military primer crimp.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List