Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt customer service rant

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post

For anyone interested, the issue i'm having is with the trigger and cylinder rotation. When I bought the pistol it had a very smooth trigger, then after about 350 rounds it started to act up. When slowly pulling the trigger instead of the cylinder rotating at the same relative speed as the trigger pull, the cylinder would abruptly/violently advance to the next cylinder before the trigger was even a quarter of the way pulled. Sometimes it will go 5 or six dry fires before it happens but when it does happen i can usually make it happen for all subsequent trigger pulls.
    Was this a problem that impacted its ability to shoot ?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

The only time I had to send a gun back to Colt (it was an AR) they were excellent. They paid shipping both ways and replaced the entire upper. This was in 2013 and that carbine is still running great.

Around the same time, Glock was telling it's customers that they were a bunch of limp-wristed pussies if they got BTF from the new Gen4s and making them pay to send the gun in.

Good times....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

You're still not telling us what problem is actually manifesting from this, though, which is what I believe @GardoneVT and I are wondering.

Is it skipping a round? When it abruptly indexes like this, is it failing to fire?

What's the actual problem?
    Last edited by TGS; 12-06-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You're still not telling us what problem is actually manifesting from this, though, which is what I believe @GardoneVT and I are wondering.

Is it skipping a round? When it abruptly indexes like this, is it failing to fire?

What's the actual problem?
    Still fires on the correct chamber, but the trigger pull is a lot heavier when the problem manifests and when it breaks abruptly to continue the rest of the trigger pull it definitely upsets the sights. When the trigger is working normally it is a very smooth even trigger pull.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Is this your first revolver? I’d be curious to see how it performs with live fire.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Is this your first revolver? I’d be curious to see how it performs with live fire.
    No not my first. Of all my current revolvers and any revolver I’ve ever owned i’ve never had this issue.

I purchased a new Delta Elite back in October only to have to send it back for severe feeding issues where it stopped chambering a round from the magazine. Kinda useless, when you can't load it. Sent it back and Colt received it on November 1st. Received it back on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Took it out this past Monday, low and behold exact same problem. Took me three days to get through to Customer Service due to Colt disabling the call center due to "high call volume." So, I finally got through to them on Wednesday. Come to find out, Colt only test fired my pistol after having it for four weeks and shipped it back without touching the gun beyond firing three rounds through it.

They issued another RMA and Colt just signed for the gun via FedEx this afternoon. Can't wait to see how long this repair takes and the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I purchased a new Delta Elite back in October only to have to send it back for severe feeding issues where it stopped chambering a round from the magazine. Kinda useless, when you can't load it. Sent it back and Colt received it on November 1st. Received it back on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Took it out this past Monday, low and behold exact same problem. Took me three days to get through to Customer Service due to Colt disabling the call center due to "high call volume." So, I finally got through to them on Wednesday. Come to find out, Colt only test fired my pistol after having it for four weeks and shipped it back without touching the gun beyond firing three rounds through it.

They issued another RMA and Colt just signed for the gun via FedEx this afternoon. Can't wait to see how long this repair takes and the outcome.
    As a fellow Delta Elite owner,I’m curious- did you use the same mags both times you shot it? And what brand?
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    ..... Come to find out, Colt only test fired my pistol after having it for four weeks and shipped it back without touching the gun beyond firing three rounds through it.
    Pretty sure this is what they did with my gun as well.

User Tag List