Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot Duty Rifle 75gr load?

Speer Gold Dot Duty Rifle 75gr load?

Anyone have any info on this yet?

We will be testing this in the relatively near future...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    We will be testing this in the relatively near future...

Thanks Doc, got your reply on lightfighter too..Looking forward to seeing what results you get, you got an educated guess on what youre likely to see?
    Thanks for what you do.

Both the 55 & 62/64 versions have performed well, so it it likely that this will carry on in the same fashion--but you never know until it gets tested...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Both the 55 & 62/64 versions have performed well, so it it likely that this will carry on in the same fashion--but you never know until it gets tested...
    Understood..What do you think the penetration might be?
    64gr GD already pen's pretty deep..and within the requirements..What might be the advantage of a 75gr bullet be? Barriers, larger game? (to me it seems somewhat more appropriate in for example Federals Fusion line and marketed to hunters going after larger hogs, as like you said both the 55 & 62/64 versions have performed well..Unless the weight would overall improve performance against hard barriers in an LE setting?)

Also do you have plans to test Federal new 223 loading of the 62gr Trophy Bonded Tip?
    Last edited by Sixgun_Symphony; 02-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks for posting this Sixgun_Symphony. Anyone know what the "239" on the label refers to? And what is the Speer product number for this load?

Our rep just told us the 64 gr load was discontinued. Anyone got an idea of why?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

they went with the "common weight" of 62gr, Doc posted an industry update about it awhile back on lightfighter IIRC

I like the idea of it, but I don't know the purpose unless it is a redesigned construction. The 70gr monometals will always out-penetrate it, and the 62/64gr does just fine. Plenty of penetration through various mediums to meet FBI spec. So...why? I mean, I get the "Well...why not?" but...

User Tag List