Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Yeah, it’s a known issue with the type 1s. If you’re having issues, you can try sending it back and see if trijicon will replace with a type 2. Other options are electrical tape on the base of the slide, some have tried using silicon on the base of the slide, and then battle werx makes a plate which pushes the battery up for better contact.

I’d try option 1, seeing if trijicon will warranty, then the battle werx plate if not.
    These are also good points.

The Battlewerx plate was always out of stock when I was of a mind to order it so I stuck with the electable tape method.

I do highly recommend the Battlewerx MOS replacement screws BTW... I hated those OEM screws with a passion
    "A man's character is his fate."

My ACRO MOS mounting plate screws started walking out this weekend. Reinstalled with OP's suggestions, but while I was cleaning up one of the two screws for plate reinstall, it snapped in my hands. Hoping it's just a weak screw, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had similar experiences (and what the Torx screw size is that I'll need in case I need backups).

Also, definitely using VC3 for everything from here on out. Even in this extremely limited application I could feel just how much more securely it was grabbing the threads during the install.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    My ACRO MOS mounting plate screws started walking out this weekend. Reinstalled with OP's suggestions, but while I was cleaning up one of the two screws for plate reinstall, it snapped in my hands. Hoping it's just a weak screw, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had similar experiences (and what the Torx screw size is that I'll need in case I need backups).

Also, definitely using VC3 for everything from here on out. Even in this extremely limited application I could feel just how much more securely it was grabbing the threads during the install.
    Did the screws have any locking compound on them originally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Did the screws have any locking compound on them originally?
    They previously had some blue loctite that was applied by Glock at the factory. They're the same screws I've been using for the last 6,000 rounds or so, but neglected to reapply loctite to after removing the RMR plate and installing the ACRO plate.

Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Thanks @BK14 and @sOnspark, I do use the plate from trijicon but have not done the electrical tape. I may try the warranty first and I did see the plate from Battle Werx, looks good. Appreciate the help.
    Last edited by BangBang; 05-13-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Glock has new MOS installation instructions out.

Name:  4059AF84-2CE3-4713-BE8E-4E26417D2241.jpg
Views: 2306
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  D2AFDDA1-214F-4A18-9568-B22B3FE1DB97.jpg
Views: 2237
Size:  61.4 KB

Name:  7DD53841-E870-478A-A04D-3F368391DCAB.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  58.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Are the C&H v3 plates still considered to be good? I’m trying to gather everything I need for a new 19.5 MOS with RDS build.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Are the C&H v3 plates still considered to be good? I’m trying to gather everything I need for a new 19.5 MOS with RDS build.
    I ordered one which Did Not Fit the optic. Sent it back for a refund months ago and never received a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I ordered one which Did Not Fit the optic. Sent it back for a refund months ago and never received a refund.
    Did you follow up with them?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Well, C&H certainly ships fast enough. I ordered it two hours ago and already have a tracking number.
    Ken

User Tag List