Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Site Supporter
    @texasaggie2005

I didn't notice any difference between mine, but I spent less than a minute with them in the dark. I'll take a closer look when I get home, but if it were too different, I think/hope I would have noticed.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Mine just came in today and will be going on my G17. If I like them enough I'll pick up another couple sets.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    @wrt81 & @pangloss

I too received mine yesterday. How bright is your front tritium compared to the rear? My rears are at least 25% brighter than my front when placed side by side.
    I just checked mine, and I can't see a difference. I closed my eyes for ~30 seconds and was in a dark room when I checked. If there is a difference, it's below my limit of detection.

Mine showed up yesterday.

The new gen 4 G26 that I was going to put them on didn't happen, I bought a G34 instead. After some thought, I decided I'd install the sights on a G19. Installation was smooth, tho the rear sight is TIGHT in the dovetail.

I ran a quick box of WWB thru this afternoon, and was really pleased with the sight picture and how trackable the front sight is. Didn't measure anything today, but my mark 1 eyeball was happy with POA / POI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    @wrt81 & @pangloss

I too received mine yesterday. How bright is your front tritium compared to the rear? My rears are at least 25% brighter than my front when placed side by side.
    I just checked both sets I have and neither have that issue. They both seem equal brightness between front/rear. I'd contact Ameriglo, you may have gotten a "weak" tritium vial?
    Last edited by wrt81; 04-04-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    This might just be camera perspective, but do the dots line up when you present on target or do the rear tritium vials line up below where the front vial sits?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I just checked this and the real vials might be just a smidge lower when the top of of the sights are aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    I just checked this and the real vials might be just a smidge lower when the top of of the sights are aligned.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I ran into the same problem with AmeriGlo Operator sights.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Mine came in, waiting for my G19 prize pistol (GSSF) to arrive as it is the intended home. I like em.

Thanks for the info on these sights VDM!

In tonight too. Hope to get them on by the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Shot with my copy today. I really like the sight picture in that it has more light around the front sight, and the square notch seems like I would do better with it.

But orange is a no-go for my eyes. That color makes the front sight totally blur out. I shot two G19s side by side, one with yellow-front original HDs and one with these sights. I shot significantly better with the HDs, largely because I could make out the edges of the front sight.

I hope a thin yellow front HD becomes available from Ameriglo -- I'll swap to that and repeat the experiment.

User Tag List