Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: till Valhalla ????

Viking stuff was a big part of platoon culture and personal identity for me as a Recon Marine back in the early 2000's. Now I can't stand that shit, and, truth be told, as a history buff, find Vikings, Spartans, Samurai, et al pretty repugnant. Human trafficking, slavery, rape, mass murder, etc.

I'd rather roll in a pair of Dickies, Converse and a Hawaiian shirt with my P07 AIWB in a minimal holster, looking like some Former Action Guy white dude pushing 40.

Good vid from Pannone.

Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    I'd rather roll in a pair of Dickies, corfams, and a Hawaiian shirt tucked into my pants with a braided leather belt with my P07 AIWB in a minimal holster, looking like some Former Action Guy white dude pushing 40.
    Let's be honest here.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Corframs? That's a name I've not heard in a long time...

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Dickies, corfams, and a Hawaiian shirt
    My eyes! My eyes!
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Corfams, lol.

Why are so many stampeding over themselves to explain how scanning without seeing is bad...well Duh! We scan to increase our situational awareness, including to pick up previously unseen threats, or to notice our buddy running up to help us, for example. And yes unfortunately some let it become a range automatism without actually looking to see anything. But to now to argue that scanning isn’t always necessary is pathetically foolish. OK don’t “scan” but just look around to increase your situational awareness.

Site Supporter
    I avoid the Spartan, Thin Blue Line, Punisher logos etc. I prefer to be low key as much as possible. Patches will never replace mindset or training.
    Last edited by MDFA; 12-10-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Why are so many stampeding over themselves to explain how scanning without seeing is bad...well Duh! We scan to increase our situational awareness, including to pick up previously unseen threats, or to notice our buddy running up to help us, for example. And yes unfortunately some let it become a range automatism without actually looking to see anything. But to now to argue that scanning isn’t always necessary is pathetically foolish. OK don’t “scan” but just look around to increase your situational awareness.
    It's become fashionable to ridicule the scan, but I think there's value in it. Mainly to break tunnel vision.

I learned the full effects of tunnel vision during one particularly unpleasant situation. I could clearly see a guy in front of me attempting to punch me in the face while I tried to counter. I couldn't see his buddies, but I knew they were extremely close because I could feel their punches on my face. Trying to defend myself from three of them, while looking through the narrow tube of tunnel vision, was quite a challenge.

I'll add it wasn't my first rodeo, but it was the first time I'd noticed true tunnel vision.

I seldom scan at the range, but I incorporate it into my shadow boxing routine.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't think people are ridiculing an actual scan. People are largely, and for good reason, ridiculing the theatrics of just shaking your head side to side and thinking you've scanned. "The scan" can be trained if you actually see things at a conscious level while doing it. The range theatrics only provide a false sense of accomplishing something.

Would anyone argue that dry fire is bad? Would anyone argue that just sloppily going through the motions while distracted is actually "dry fire" in the context of practice? That's the difference under discussion between range theatrics and a conscious scan.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-10-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Regarding clothing, I once got made as a cop while wearing a tye-dyed Jimi Hendrix, cutoffs, and Teva sandals, but I was younger, leaner and meaner then. Now I hope I just look like a reasonably fit dad in his '40s and it will be a complete suprise when I flip the switch and the fangs come out. I totally avoid Spartan Sheepdog Moldy Labia logo gear.

Regarding scanning, I make myself actually look at something and name it in my head, on both the right and left side of me when I look around.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List