Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: FBI agent ND while dancing

Just an FYI for those appalled by the time involved...
    The only defense case I have ever worked as an expert witness on involved a negligent discharge post pistol cleaning in which a subject injured his girlfriend. Nice to work a case where I could say the client was an idiot. The prosecution was looking for 10 years. My biggest run was what this guy did was something that happens to LEO’s and military folks often enough to not be a surprise when it does. Most of these are accidents often caused by negligence, and civil court is often the remedy. Gross negligence is a bit different and even so the penalties need to be in line with other stuff.

From a learning standpoint.....there are numerous lessons on this one. One I have taken away is that I am thankful that my lifelong decision to not leave a striker gun laying on a nightstand unsecured is a good one.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

^^^^^^^^^

That’s a damn good point. Think of how people paw at their night stand half asleep trying to turn the alarm off...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    From a learning standpoint.....there are numerous lessons on this one. One I have taken away is that I am thankful that my lifelong decision to not leave a striker gun laying on a nightstand unsecured is a good one.
    My night stand pistol is always in a holster and the AR leaning against the wall has an empty chamber. I like having to perform some kind of action BEFORE my partially asleep self has a ready-to-discharge firearm in hand (remove pistol from holster or run the charging handle on the AR).
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’d love to ask the Denver DA what they hope to accomplish by sending this man to prison for 5 years?
    Isn't the next step for many DA's something like a run for mayor?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    A different article quoted a more definitive statement from the prosecutor’s office regarding his BAC.
    Thank you I didn't catch that even after looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Thank you I didn't catch that even after looking.
    I missed it, was there a BAC number?
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I thought I had found the article Sensei had referred to. Turned out it was another incident involving an intoxicated FBI agent after reading. I snapped my reply to quickly. @Sensei maybe you can provide a link for those of us who are Google handicapped such as myself. I still can't find the specific comments regarding the Agents BAC level. Thanks.

A lot of people dis on those static cord kydex trigger guard "holsters," but I have a small forest of them hanging in my safe—G42/43, G17/16/26/xx, J-frame, K-frame, and 1911—for just such a situation. Your point is way beyond valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    A lot of people dis on those static cord kydex trigger guard "holsters," but I have a small forest of them hanging in my safe—G42/43, G17/16/26/xx, J-frame, K-frame, and 1911—for just such a situation. Your point is way beyond valid.
    As do I, for - more or less - the exact reason Dagga Boy and Sensei articulated. Mine is less "middle of the night/half asleep" but similar rationale.

I'm partial to the Ficke Zacchaeus.
    Last edited by Shoresy; 07-12-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I thought I had found the article Sensei had referred to. Turned out it was another incident involving an intoxicated FBI agent after reading. I snapped my reply to quickly. @Sensei maybe you can provide a link for those of us who are Google handicapped such as myself. I still can't find the specific comments regarding the Agents BAC level. Thanks.
    I can’t find the article, but it quoted the DA as saying that CO law prohibited persons from carrying firearms while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Their office was awaiting the toxicology report but had decided not to bring that charge based on the results of the drug and alcohol tests.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-12-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List