Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF's Big Moves in the AR/AK Pistol Arena

ATF's Big Moves in the AR/AK Pistol Arena

I have two SBRs, but there are millions of AR pistols in the wild. These new pending vague "rules" are clearly design to get all pistols registered as NFA items. ATF, in its generosity, has indicated that if you're the victim of a pre-existing felony (i.e., you own a pistol), you'll be able to register same and they will wave the $200 fee. "Guns and Gadgets" has an excellent video on YT. Going forward pistol sales will clearly be curtailed.

“We all act like foot massage don’t mean anything but we all know they do. That’s what’s so cool about them.”

-Vincent Vega

This started on day one when a hundred new guys a week sent letters to atf asking “are you sure I can?”

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    ...This started on day one when a hundred new guys a week sent letters to atf asking “are you sure I can?”
    Not that it would make any difference to the anti-gunners, but has anyone every watched a YT video where a pistol wasn't being shouldered?

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Not that it would make any difference to the anti-gunners, but has anyone every watched a YT video where a pistol wasn't being shouldered?
    Nope

That’s the aspect of it I don’t understand.

“We” bitch and bitch about lack of clarity

They issue clarity - and no shit it’s got a short barrel and “shoulder thing that goes up” - so they’re like we thinks it’s an SBR and metric shit ton of you have those

So get a stamp, put on a real stock and move on.

Guns guys be like “but I don’t want an SBR. I want an ambiguous firearm thing “

Site Supporter
    I have two SBRs, but there are millions of AR pistols in the wild. These new pending vague "rules" are clearly design to get all pistols registered as NFA items. ATF, in its generosity, has indicated that if you're the victim of a pre-existing felony (i.e., you own a pistol), you'll be able to register same and they will wave the $200 fee. "Guns and Gadgets" has an excellent video on YT. Going forward pistol sales will clearly be curtailed.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....08#post1157308

The guns and gadgets guy is a hack who both exaggerates and outright lies to drive clicks on his channel.

He also gives his own (inaccurate) interpretations of legal matters based on his alleged former LEO status.

LEO /ex LEO does not equal Attorney. That drama queen is so full of shit it’s coming out his ears.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If I had one, I'd probably register it then put a real stock on it and maybe use it as my duty rifle. We're allowed SBRs and SBSs, but you're on the hook for the paperwork and fees if it's personally owned. My SBS is employer owned, but we have to provide our own rifles now.

At this stage in the game and with the current market I doubt I buy one. My days of being a rifleman or being part of the clearing team in any but the most pressing circumstances are drawing to a close.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I haven't read the official version yet, but presuming it didn't change from the preview version, you needed to have the braced pistol prior to publication of the document to be eligible for the no-tax permission slip. It's published now, so that door is closed and you're either in or out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....08#post1157308

The guns and gadgets guy is a hack who both exaggerates and outright lies to drive clicks on his channel.

He also gives his own (inaccurate) interpretations of legal matters based on his alleged former LEO status.

LEO /ex LEO does not equal Attorney. That drama queen is so full of shit it’s coming out his ears.
    You've got to take most everything on the Interweb with more than a grain of salt, but when the G&G guy is literally reading from the draft "letter" I'm inclined to pay more attention, if for a heads up if nothing else. I'd welcome watching a lengthy YT video or reading an article on this issue authored by a firearms attorney. Anyone have a link?

Site Supporter
    You've got to take most everything on the Interweb with more than a grain of salt, but when the G&G guy is literally reading from the draft "letter" I'm inclined to pay more attention, if for a heads up if nothing else. I'd welcome watching a lengthy YT video or reading an article on this issue authored by a firearms attorney. Anyone have a link?
    Here you go:

https://blog.princelaw.com/category/firearms-law/

So I could by a brace now, not have to pay the $200 fee if this passes and then switch it out to an actual stock without paying for another stamp? I may pick one up just for this reason.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List