Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Speedloaders

The best speedloader I have found for the j frames is another j frame........just sayin....CYA Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by McNamara View Post
    I'm probably more likely to carry speed strips since they can conceal easily in any pocket.
    I have HKS but carry speed strips when I bother to carry spare ammo, because Mike Pipes is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    The best speedloader I have found for the j frames is another j frame........just sayin....CYA Retro
    It doesn't have to be another J frame. Any gun will will work.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have HKS but carry speed strips when I bother to carry spare ammo, because Mike Pipes is right.

It doesn't have to be another J frame. Any gun will will work.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ TRUE DAT
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I can tell you that Safariland Comp-I's will NOT clear the stock rubber grips on a 442 Pro... I butchered a set to allow them to clear before I bought of set of Crimson Trace LG-405's. I don't know about HKS or other speed loaders, as I've stuck with Safariland so far.

Not very smart of the grip manufacturer to design a revolver grip without a speed loader cut, or of the gun manufacturer to pick such a grip.

Do speedloaders work with the Crimson Trace grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Not very smart of the grip manufacturer to design a revolver grip without a speed loader cut, or of the gun manufacturer to pick such a grip.

Do speedloaders work with the Crimson Trace grip?
    Kinda sorta:

Those are LG-350s. It's not a 100% straight shot into the cylinder, but it'll get there close enough, mostly.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-15-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Kinda sorta:

Those are LG-350s. It's not a 100% straight shot into the cylinder, but it'll get there close enough, mostly.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Thank you for that information. If I get a set of these for a revolver, I will have to be sure to try the speedloader well within the return period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I can tell you that Safariland Comp-I's will NOT clear the stock rubber grips on a 442 Pro... I butchered a set to allow them to clear before I bought of set of Crimson Trace LG-405's. I don't know about HKS or other speed loaders, as I've stuck with Safariland so far.
    Next time, put them in the freezer and grind them with a dremel. Keep frozen throughout the job.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Quite normal. It's also quite normal to hear folks ask what a speedloader or speed strip is.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

skip to 30 min, 40 sec

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    There is that.

Hell, the 340PD is sort of like a 5-star loader with a barrel, grip, and firing control assembly framed up around it, for all the extra weight it brings...

How about the SL Variant for snubs? I snagged one a few years ago but their biggest drawback seems to be availability.

User Tag List