Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Review my suppressor alternatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't think I'm strong enough to unscrew a can set with Rocksett from the HUB to begin with. If the can was that stuck and required that much force, I'd have to use the wrench on the HUB to break it free from the mount, to begin with.

I haven't experienced carbon locking with my taper mounts, either...that'd be the Griffin Plan A and a Mk12/AEM-5. They're super tight when hot, but when they cool down they come off normally.

Which mount were you using when this happened?
    Maybe you just need to hit the gym more . I don't think that I've broken the Rocksett. I think that repeated heat cycles did, then it just turned off. I've mostly had it happen with ASR mounts, but I've seen it with Q Plan B and others. It usually happens when taking a hot can off, which I sometimes have to do when packing up from a demo in order to get off a range at a specific time.

https://libertycans.net/product/infi...er-suppressor/

My favorite multiuse can. Longer than all the newest modular hotnesses but it’s light and quiet. I’ve run it on SBR’s in .9mm, 357 mag, 5.56, 6.5grendel, 7.62x39 & a 16” Ruger GSR in .308. I just use the direct thread method for all of em.

Rimfire guns have bunch of rimfire cans… and get shot 100:1 over all the centerfire stuff. Don’t use a multi on the rimfires. My old school AAC 7.62SD now feels like a boat anchor by comparison to the Liberty on the GSR.
    Last edited by jandbj; 02-25-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Then there's the high cost of $1125, likely the product of my chasing, against advice, the new hotness.
    Not sure if it's too late for you to take advantage of this, but as a vet, you can qualify for HUXWRX's veteran discount: https://huxwrx.com/mil-le-discount

As a first responder, my discount with them is fairly generous, and can make the pricing a fair bit more competitive.

ND on creating a new post. My b.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Not sure if it's too late for you to take advantage of this, but as a vet, you can qualify for HUXWRX's veteran discount: https://huxwrx.com/mil-le-discount

As a first responder, my discount with them is fairly generous, and can make the pricing a fair bit more competitive.
    Yeah, thanks. I looked into it when you mentioned it previously, but I wanted to buy it local this time, so I went ahead with the order at my LGS. I called HUXWRX yesterday and they said ExpertVoice was the only discount available and they couldn't apply it to my LGS' order. He said the discount was $300, presumably off retail, which is (right now) $1318, so the cost would be $1018. Basically, I'm paying my guy to do my paperwork and track it for me. (You can get it without a discount at Bauer Precision for $1054 without registering with ExpertVoice.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Yeah, thanks. I looked into it when you mentioned it previously, but I wanted to buy it local this time, so I went ahead with the order at my LGS. I called HUXWRX yesterday and they said ExpertVoice was the only discount available and they couldn't apply it to my LGS' order. He said the discount was $300, presumably off retail, which is (right now) $1318, so the cost would be $1018. Basically, I'm paying my guy to do my paperwork and track it for me. (You can get it without a discount at Bauer Precision for $1054 without registering with ExpertVoice.)
    FWIW, right now, it's a fair bit lower than 1018 USD on ExpertVoice. Just a choice you have to make, if you want to deal with handling the paperwork yourself to save some money, or if you want the local touch, which helps build rapport and also supports a local business. No wrong choice, just that if you're price sensitive, I would definitely sign up for ExpertVoice and look at the price (even factoring sales tax and 25 USD shipping, you're still a chunk of change below the estimated 1018 USD).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    FWIW, right now, it's a fair bit lower than 1018 USD on ExpertVoice. .
    Good to know, thanks. I was going by what the guy at HUXWRX told me. I guess he didn't have up-to-date info. You should see my wife and me tip at a restaurant.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Wow. Here I thought the Revolver sub forum was at the top of the list at PF for bank account damage. Silly me.

Soaking it all in. Lucky for me that it will probably be a few weeks before I can get to a kiosk to upload all my info. Maybe by then I’ll have learned enough to make a decent decision.

Appreciate the heads up on the HUXWRX discount. Another line of products to investigate.

Reading thru this thread, I might be better off starting out with a dedicated .300BO, ordering a .22 along with that since they’re “*relatively*” inexpensive, and then waiting and doing more homework on one dedicated for a bolt gun. I don’t think it’s “maritially wise” to do all three at once. Lol

I’m gonna toss this out there out of pure ignorance so roll your eyes, bear with me, and point me in a general direction so I can educate myself...

Q, Kevin Brittingham and related products. There appears to be ALL kinds of opinions, topics, etc. It seems like they have made some innovative stuff. Owner has a quirky marketing gimmick, but good for him. Not much discussion (at least in this thread) on their products. This isn’t meant as a thread tangent. I’m just wanting to educate myself. Thanks.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

This thread is costing me money, too - because it’s made me rethink and revalidate my prior assumptions and do a crapload more reading and talking to people who are suppressor experienced. I’ve changed what I’m getting, but it’s actually costing me less up front.

I’m going with a dedicated 9mm can for the SBRs as a first suppressor (a YHM R9 on three lug) and am now deciding between a Wolfman and a Sandman-S with KeyMo or KeyMicro for a second suppressor to mostly be used on 5.56 and .300, and possibly .308. That decision may be made next weekend at the suppressor shoot, but I think it comes down to the Wolfman’s weight and configurability advantage against the Sandman-L’s ability to be used on my .308 SIG 716i and bolt rifles. To be honest, I don’t see myself suppressing the .308s often so I’m leaning to the Wolfman - I’ve heard good things about how it plays with Rattlers.

I think I will be suppressing 9mm more often by far which is why I’m starting there. (Let’s not even bring up .22LR suppressors.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@Jaywalker, where in TX are you located? Capital Armory is throwing a suppressor shoot next Saturday south of Austin. I’ll be there for at least a few hours.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List