Page 36 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

I have never once fired an AUG, though I have handled several going back to the original pre-ban days of the 80s at the old (long gone and dearly missed)
    San Francisco Gun Exchange.
    I suppose I will have to find a P-F member in the Twin Cities who will help a brother out. And yes, Tom, you are not helping!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    An Orange AUG?!

Sign a bother up!

On second thought...
    As cool as it looks in PF colors... I'm always weary about real firearms in safety colors. I couldn't feel right about any gun in light blue, red, or orange.

Question for the AUG knowledgable:

What is the better way to go in regards towards the AUG when choosing optics for a person with vision issues? My astigmatism gives me a hard time with red dots, though for some reason lasers are much less affected, so would I be well in choosing the 3x optic and a laser or trying various 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x optics to find a reticle that doesn't fuzz out as readily?

Why not a prism red dot since those deal with astigmatism directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Why not a prism red dot since those deal with astigmatism directly?
    I'd like a magnification option and from what I've seen, that's only possible with the ELCAN. Are there others? Don't have a problem with the ELCAN, but it would have to be put down the line due to price.

Vortex, Burris, Leupold, and Trijicon all do fixed magnification etched reticle optics that ought to work
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
    I'd like a magnification option and from what I've seen, that's only possible with the ELCAN. Are there others? Don't have a problem with the ELCAN, but it would have to be put down the line due to price.
    You can always get a separate magnifier if you don't want a fixed magnification.

http://www.primaryarms.com/MCategori...Dot-Magnifiers
    http://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=prism

For variable 1-4 or 1-6 optics, I've heard that the 1.93 height mount is the height to go with. Anyone find differently?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

And hopefully DB will pipe in bit for everyone else: does anybody have an issue with the muzzle device? Not with it not working effectively but with the want to replace it with something else?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    muzzle device?
    I replaced mine with the correct YHM flash hider for my YHM screw on suppressor, but turns out I don't have the correct gas system parts to get it to run correctly. It was a pain because the original was on with something like loctite black or red and it took the torch to burn loose the adhesive.

User Tag List