Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter (s) NJ

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    @TGS ... lived in Freehold, worked in Lakewood in my early years. I know your thoughts well.
    Yup, I imagine, especially with Lakewood's orthodox Jewish security patrol that pulls out blue'n'red lights and pulls illegal traffic stops on "outsiders" and harasses the shit out of people.

Yet, at the same time, I imagine you also have no issue with your neighbors that hang a Mezuzah on their door.

I don't know how to explain it. I just hope people are able to correctly interpret what you and I are writing instead of thinking we're anti-semites.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-11-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Growing up in NYC, and having had occasion to not only know some, but investigate some "ultra orthodox" Jews, it's like living on a whole 'nother planet.

They don't even consider folks like myself, especially coming from a mixed Jewish and Catholic family background, as Jews. But this would even extend to other Jews who were not from mixed pedigree like myself.

On the whole, I found my interactions with them less than pleasant and greatly disappointing since they thought nothing of lying to my face when I questioned them.

Anyway, I didn't hear the clip that LL posted so I won't comment further.
    Last edited by blues; 12-11-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Bro, *I* totally get it.
    I also totally don't give a shit if someone takes my words wrong. That's on them.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I don't think Lakewood had the jewish patrols back in the 80s/90s. Or if they did they either weren't prevalent outside a certain zone, or I was wholly oblivious to it (entirely possible. late teens and early twenties a was BEYOND naive.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I don't think Lakewood had the jewish patrols back in the 80s/90s. Or if they did they either weren't prevalent outside a certain zone, or I was wholly oblivious to it (entirely possible. late teens and early twenties a was BEYOND naive.)
    The Jewish volunteer ambulances ignoring non Jews in distressed was a thing in NY at least as far back as the 1980s.

As I recall it was a factor in the crown heights riots in Brooklyn back in the day.

This crap has been going on since forever in NYC it seems. I used to drive home from the federal building and run through many of the afflicted neighborhoods in Brooklyn on the way home.

Between the knuckleheads in the (ultra orthodox) Jewish community and the knuckleheads like Sharpton, Farrakhan and company, is it any wonder the hatred? Let alone when all of Howard Beach was blamed for a few idiots chasing some youths down onto the Belt Parkway. The fun never ended.

Glad to be out here in the country where I just have to watch out for the Klan.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I just hope people are able to correctly interpret what you and I are writing instead of thinking we're anti-semites.
    A few times, I've told progressive people who don't understand what's going on in Minneapolis or Utica, concerns about shariah, etc. etc. to think about the orthodox Jews in New York City.

The New Yorker of all publications has consistently ran pieces on the sexual abuse that goes on amongst the Haredis, which to me in some ways is far more insidious than whatever people can say about the Catholics.

Most people are decent, but the dirtbag minority know no boundaries or borders.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I've learned a lot about the different cultural and regional factors here. Thank you all for taking the time to explain it. Growing up in the SW US I've had little exposure to these situations.

I can't help but see some similarities with the very different sects and cultures within Islam.

@Sidheshooter - I'd say that you are correct, but there are prevailing cultural and social variables that can either deter or encourage that dirtbag minority to act on their dirtbaggery. In some egregious cases, instead of being hated, they're loved and rise to power.

I suppose the key is to be as specific and accurate as possible when identifying those variables.

Site Supporter
    Amazing how little mainstream media coverage this is getting.

I guess the intersectional issues are too challenging to navigate and fit to a narrative...

User Tag List