Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Harris Knives

Matt Harris Knives

Does anyone on the board know anything about Matt Harris Knives out of VA? He was offering discounts on modifications to clinch picks around Black Friday so I sent mine in. He hasn’t posted on his Instagram since the beginning of December. I don’t have a Facebook to check his. I sent him a message and haven’t received a response. I’m wondering if everything is okay. I’m not worried that he’s going around stealing people’s China picks or anything.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'll ping him. He's legit and has started a new job and has some training.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Should be in the mail Tuesday, he'll message ya.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Thanks Tom! I appreciate you reaching out for me.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Does anyone on the board know anything about Matt Harris Knives out of VA? He was offering discounts on modifications to clinch picks around Black Friday so I sent mine in. He hasn’t posted on his Instagram since the beginning of December. I don’t have a Facebook to check his. I sent him a message and haven’t received a response. I’m wondering if everything is okay. I’m not worried that he’s going around stealing people’s China picks or anything.
    Id be interested to see what was done to yours. I took mine to a local guy, he hollow ground it and put a convex edge on it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Matt Harris Knives

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Id be interested to see what was done to yours. I took mine to a local guy, he hollow ground it and put a convex edge on it.
    The package I ordered included a convex edge (unsure if it’s hollow ground first), deburr, refinish, reshaping of the scales to Harris’ asymmetrical handle treatment, and a texturing of the scales. I’ll post photos when it arrives home.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 01-17-2020 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Corrected info

The package I ordered included a convex edge (unsure if it’s hollow ground first), deburr, refinish, reshaping of the scales to Harris’ asymmetrical handle treatment, and a texturing of the scales. I’ll post photos when it arrives home.
    Any luck on getting that knife back?

Any luck on getting that knife back?
    Not yet. I got one reply on Instagram a little over a month ago explaining the issue that caused the delay. Haven’t heard anything since. I reached out again but haven’t received a response.

Not yet. I got one reply on Instagram a little over a month ago explaining the issue that caused the delay. Haven’t heard anything since. I reached out again but haven’t received a response.
    Wow. Not going to get a customer service award. Does this guy have a package description and price posted anywhere? Im going to try to see my local guy this week about flattening the handles on mine and Ill see if he wants to put togather a package price that I can post up here. When he did the hollow grind and convex edge on mine I got it back in a week.

Wow. Not going to get a customer service award. Does this guy have a package description and price posted anywhere? Im going to try to see my local guy this week about flattening the handles on mine and Ill see if he wants to put togather a package price that I can post up here. When he did the hollow grind and convex edge on mine I got it back in a week.
    I just checked Instagram and. Matt actually just got back to me. Looks like I should have my knife back next week. I’m not sure if there’s a package description or price formally posted. When I ordered it was when someone had linked an Instagram post Matt made offering 25% off for Black Friday. He described the work as follows: “Price for a refinish, deburr, new edge, and handle work is 50. Texture job adds 25 bucks. I can do my Asymmetrical handle treatment, slightly flattened, or thin downed handles.” I ordered the additional texturing and paid $75, including return shipping, so the full price would be $100 for the package with textured handles.

I don’t know if Matt has a website. I don’t have a Facebook myself so I don’t know if that’s a way he normally communicates. There are photos of completed work on his Instagram page mattharrisknives.

I think if your guy can put a package together at a fair price, it would likely be pretty popular here considering how many members carry clinch picks.

User Tag List