Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: SHOT 2022

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The factory Super 16 .223 barrels are 1:14" twist, but reports are typically of them shooting well with varmint bullets ~45 grains and below. Agreed it makes a handy little woods walker.

I had a .223 Handi, but bought it as a sub-cal trainer for the pair of .444 Marlins I had. It followed them down the road.
    I forgot about that. I see EAB is offering 1:12, but I’d prefer 1:9 or 1:8.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I forgot about that. I see EAB is offering 1:12, but I’d prefer 1:9 or 1:8.
    https://matchgrademachine.com/chambers-list/#22cal
    Twists available from MGM as fast as 1:6 for their custom barrels.

Much interest in the 8.6 Blackout with its 1:3 twist?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Much interest in the 8.6 Blackout with its 1:3 twist?
    That barrel maker is a no-fly zone for me after my experience(s) of junk parts and equally bad customer service.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

That barrel maker is a no-fly zone for me after my experience(s) of junk parts and equally bad customer service.
    Not tracking you. Are you talking about EABCo, MGM, or something else I'm missing?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Not tracking you. Are you talking about EABCo, MGM, or something else I'm missing?
    Faxon is doing the 8.6 Blackout 1:3-inch twist barrels. I got two bad Wylde chambered barrels in a row from Faxon. First time around, I couldn't get any response from their customer service until after weeks of no results, I posted here and LittleLebowski shook a tree for me. Replacement barrel was also spectacularly fubared. That time, the CS guy was responsive, but they didn't make the barrel I wanted for more than a year. I finally just had him send me some random 16-inch barrel and he threw in additional parts to get the value up to equivalent. I flipped it all without looking too closely, just to recover my cash. I did OK financially in the end, but couldn't begin to count the hours wasted, not to mention months delay in my build.

I've been impressed with MGM's customer service. I bought one of their barrels used and the locking bolts were kinda gorfed. I asked if they were OK to use, and they just sent new ones out. Would buy with confidence if I decided to put down the money for a new Contender barrel.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Faxon is doing the 8.6 Blackout 1:3-inch twist barrels. I got two bad Wylde chambered barrels in a row from Faxon. First time around, I couldn't get any response from their customer service until after weeks of no results, I posted here and LittleLebowski shook a tree for me. Replacement barrel was also spectacularly fubared. That time, the CS guy was responsive, but they didn't make the barrel I wanted for more than a year. I finally just had him send me some random 16-inch barrel and he threw in additional parts to get the value up to equivalent. I flipped it all without looking too closely, just to recover my cash. I did OK financially in the end, but couldn't begin to count the hours wasted, not to mention months delay in my build.

I've been impressed with MGM's customer service. I bought one of their barrels used and the locking bolts were kinda gorfed. I asked if they were OK to use, and they just sent new ones out. Would buy with confidence if I decided to put down the money for a new Contender barrel.
    Learning has occurred. I have been out of the AR market for over 10 years, and every time I start thinking about getting back in, I start getting a migraine. I'm really happy being the cranky old man with revolvers and lever guns. I'm going to up my fudd-game by getting into Contenders, I think, but I draw the line at flintlock rifles.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Learning has occurred. I have been out of the AR market for over 10 years, and every time I start thinking about getting back in, I start getting a migraine. I'm really happy being the cranky old man with revolvers and lever guns. I'm going to up my fudd-game by getting into Contenders, I think, but I draw the line at flintlock rifles.
    Well, I have been secretly gathering a few single-shot rifles. Now, I just need to adopt/rescue a one-eyed dawg. (And, drag a log onto the front porch…)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, I have been secretly gathering a few single-shot rifles. Now, I just need to adopt/rescue a one-eyed dawg. (And, drag a log onto the front porch…)
    You sound like a man who has life figured out.

Site Supporter
    That Diamond Back SA/DA that looks SA 22LR/Mag revolver looks like a fun revolver and with some utility for those who can't handle the standard semis for SD usage. I could see it in my older old age last ditch stand. Not expensive. Geezer bedside gun.

User Tag List