Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to rethink how I carry, moving to the surface of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    If you need an HR-LTD, I can spare one of mine. I believe I have one that is unworn in my box of holsters.
    Kindly check your PMs, good Sir.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter

Ceramic Tint

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is that commonly available at glass tint shops? How durable is the coating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    What HeavyDuty said. I had no idea there was such a thing.
    When I got stationed at 29 Palms/Stumps, we got ceramic tint on the family vehicle and it was a world of difference. That vehicle also had black leather and your legs no longer got burnt getting in. I imagine there’s better tint as it been 7 years. We still have the vehicle and it’s been a great help in Florida as well. +1 on having A/C vents for the rear of the vehicle. Hope this helps and beat wishes on the move.

Edit: I believe you can get 0% ceramic for the front windshield. This gives you the protection but no reduction in light transmission. I’ve seen plenty of police/federal vehicles in SoCal with crazy tint on the front but doubt most could get away with it. 50% ceramic is doable and you can’t really tell if you have plenty of windows and don’t have too low of a tint (20-35%). YMMV
    Last edited by CakeEater; 02-19-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Is that commonly available at glass tint shops? How durable is the coating?
    Yes, it's pretty common. I've had no issues in the three years since I got it.

I just picked a few Columbia shirts up. They're more boating style, shirts. They're UPF50, omni-shade. Basically a loose fitting moisture wicking shirt. Hides pretty well for me.

The VERY similar shirts that were raglin cut in the shoulders did NOT conceal well (or fit well). Regular shoulder cut worked okay though. Even though other Columbia shirts that are raglin in a different material work for me, the looser fit and material change honestly made a difference for me.

Hey, I just realized I can now justify a BBQ gun!
    Because I am your friend...

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/924555974
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    When I lived in Texas, and here in KC in the summer, I am 90% of the time wearing a tucked-in cotton t shirt with an untucked polo over an AIWB rig. I like Land's End mesh shirts with patterns.
    This is a good one. https://www.landsend.com/products/me...67,45022,48467
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Because I am your friend...

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/924555974
    *That* is gorgeous. I’m thinking more my birds head grip Ruger 5152 that I’ve been lovingly hand polishing with Mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’m not sure I can carry that off - I would look like one of those dazzle paint World War I destroyers.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Summer temps are 90+ here, and these will cover a 92G in a JMCK AIWB.

https://www.columbia.com/p/mens-pfg-...olor=469&pos=6
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Now that I’ve been here for a week, it’s time to move from a G42 in my jeans pocket to something more serious. I picked up some of the Hanes performance t shirts mentioned early in the thread, and I have my lightweight button up shirts I’ve used unbuttoned for years plus some fishing type shirts from Academy for cover on top of that. I’ll probably start with a G26 or P365. If I can make it work now with the 100° temps we’ve been having, I can always make it work.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Now that I’ve been here for a week, it’s time to move from a G42 in my jeans pocket to something more serious. I picked up some of the Hanes performance t shirts mentioned early in the thread, and I have my lightweight button up shirts I’ve used unbuttoned for years plus some fishing type shirts from Academy for cover on top of that. I’ll probably start with a G26 or P365. If I can make it work now with the 100° temps we’ve been having, I can always make it work.
    Appendix?

It's been interesting how AIWB gear has evolved. And body proportions factor in greatly. I've always struggled with IWB anywhere from 2 to 6 o'clock. Crossdraw works better for me. But I can AIWB a G19 with light and dot under a loose fitting t-shirt easily. A bit of middle age belly is actually good for concealment. Hot weather friendly.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List