Page 288 of 372 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Canton Ohio. On New Year’s Eve 2021/22 a police officer shoots a guy through a fence who was doing “celebratory gunfire”. Also, police mention the presence of body armor in the house.

I think this one might be worth some discussion, but I’ll wait to ask questions until people with actual experience in LE chime in.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Canton Ohio. On New Year’s Eve 2021/22 a police officer shoots a guy through a fence who was doing “celebratory gunfire”. Also, police mention the presence of body armor in the house.

I think this one might be worth some discussion, but I’ll wait to ask questions until people with actual experience in LE chime in.

It's difficult to have a conversation about this because so much is unknown. The BWC view is very limited, there's not a lot of info shared in the video about what the officer saw or perceived, and we don't have statements or reports about what happened. I know why you think this one is worthy of discussion, but right now we don't really know squat about the incident other than "Some people did something" (hat tip Representative Omar). That's my 2 cents at the moment.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    IMPD. Officers respond to a bogus call and are subsequently ambushed with a knife. The suspect was mad because he had a hospital bill he couldn't pay so he wanted to murder an officer and then die by suicide by police, per his statements after the fact.

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    IMPD. Officers respond to a bogus call and are subsequently ambushed with a knife. The suspect was mad because he had a hospital bill he couldn't pay so he wanted to murder an officer and then die by suicide by police, per his statements after the fact.

WTH. Another one of those "No one would believe it could happen if it was in a cop show" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Do the vests worn by IMPD officers offer spike protection or only against slashing?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

AMC is spot on. The BWC provides minimal info and little else has been released but we can glean a few things via open sources.

For example:

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/news...X9GKfcsuxA5g_Q

She said her husband used her AR-15 and fired into the air as they heard their neighbors firing guns into the air, too. He does not have a concealed carry permit, but she does, she said, adding that the gun belongs to her.”
    IME wife/GF claiming ownership of the gun indicates dude is likely a prohibited person.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Do the vests worn by IMPD officers offer spike protection or only against slashing?
    All regular body armor provides decent protection against stabs especially kitchen paring style knives like this guy used. They all provide good slash protection and only very narrow very stiff style blades have much of a chance of getting through to cause much harm to the wearer. Second Chance came to our academy and said bring whatever you want to stab or shoot level II panel. Nothing got through enough to need more than a band aid and this was while wearing heavy gloves and two handed full force strikes on a picnic table straight down. My guess is the officer in this incident were struck in areas not covered by the vest.

Tons of pre-attack indicators on this one. Deputy shot in the vest on a traffic stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Tons of pre-attack indicators on this one. Deputy shot in the vest on a traffic stop.

I just watched that a few hours ago. The one thing bothering me is why the suspect was not lit up on the initial contact. As in it doesn't look like the officer was using a flashlight at the driver's window. Plenty of lessons learned and I'm glad the officer made it through with a vest hit instead of much worse.

Site Supporter
    Officer gets stabbed in the face/neck, stays in the fight and ends up having to shoot the BG.

User Tag List