Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Much Blue Loctite

Site Supporter

Too Much Blue Loctite

Put too much blue loctite on my mounting plate for my PDP and it leaked (without me knowing) into the firing pin block. Anyone have any secrets for removing excess loctite?

Bob Smith's Un-Cure removes blue AND RED. Best stuff I've found. Will fully dissolve it all.

Lot's of heat.

Dental pick, non chlorinated brake cleaner, ultrasonic cleaner. Any and any combo of the above. It’s not rocket science, just bear down on it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    Bob Smith's Un-Cure removes blue AND RED. Best stuff I've found. Will fully dissolve it all.
    I believe you meant this stuff, and yes, it does work well. Good to have around the house.

https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Ind...1QS/ref=sr_1_2
    #RESIST

Tetra® Gun Lubricant is another option. It stinks, but it just seems to 'eat' 242, and - in my experience - it's done in it minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    Thanks!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Loc-Tite's advice for use on a blind hole is to fill it about 1/3 of the way up hole and then tighten the fastener.

3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Loc-Tite's advice for use on a blind hole is to fill it about 1/3 of the way up hole and then tighten the fastener.

Thanks. The problem with the optic plate screws is that many of the holes go all the way through to the underside of the slide and are open which is the issue that I had in my PDP.

User Tag List