Page 45 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Theoretically possible to assemble at home with 7.5” barrel, fat ha guard, and can?
    Easy enough. Aero sells their rails separately.

FWIW I’ve just never been a fan of integral cans. I don’t like having my hand in front of the muzzle. If god forbid a round doesn’t stabilize and destroys the can I don’t want to be holding it. And with a traditional SBR and removable suppressor, I can transport it more easily and still shoot it in its short configuration.

The only draw I see for an integral can is of it gets the OAL such that I don’t need a 2nd stamp for the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Easy enough. Aero sells their rails separately.

FWIW I’ve just never been a fan of integral cans. I don’t like having my hand in front of the muzzle. If god forbid a round doesn’t stabilize and destroys the can I don’t want to be holding it. And with a traditional SBR and removable suppressor, I can transport it more easily and still shoot it in its short configuration.

The only draw I see for an integral can is of it gets the OAL such that I don’t need a 2nd stamp for the rifle.
    When I think of integral I’m thinking more in the way that you see .22 barrels on 10/22s and MKIIs and such where the barrel is the can but maybe that’s not possible with centerfire rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    When I think of integral I’m thinking more in the way that you see .22 barrels on 10/22s and MKIIs and such where the barrel is the can but maybe that’s not possible with centerfire rounds.
    I have the Gemtech Mist-22 that’s all one piece. But there is no rifling once the suppressor starts.

ETA:

I do believe the old MP5-SD had a setup like you want. Or maybe the bbl just had holes to bleed velocity. I can’t recall.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Thanks for replying. Any plans on how to deploy?
    My guess is that it’ll spend most of the time in a bag beside me and only go in the safe when I’m going in somewhere that I don’t want to take it. I’m curious how well that’ll work.

Only other option would be to use the pistol to fight to the rifle if it is locked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    As mentioned above, I plan to use a tennis racquet bag as my discreet vehicle carry with suppressor attached. I think using the racquet bag can remove the mystery of "wonder what's inside that bag?" for potential onlookers, and it also prevents me from running out and dropping more money on yet another bag.

Fits with room to spare. Padded, with full length zipper allows for easy deployment. Generous side pocket to fill with mags/sling.

All you need to do is loop a pair of used tennis shoes from the handle and you'll never even get so much as a second look. That is all kinds of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    On a more serious note, those of you carrying these in a vehicle, are you willing to share how you store and your plan, should you need to deploy?
    About a year ago I installed the 40" snapsafe "underbed" which fits perfectly between the wheel wells of my 4Runner. At the time the best deal was home depot and under $400. I keep the barrel key which is the override on the loop with my ignition key. Easy to conceal the thing in the position it is in.

Name:  snapsafe in 4runner.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  73.1 KB

My deployment concept is if I have to leave with the PDW, it goes in a generic 21" tan canvas gym bag with a shoulder strap, along with a few other necessities. I am really not a big backpack person although that would also be an option.
    Last edited by fatdog; 04-04-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I have the Gemtech Mist-22 that’s all one piece. But there is no rifling once the suppressor starts.

ETA:

I do believe the old MP5-SD had a setup like you want. Or maybe the bbl just had holes to bleed velocity. I can’t recall.
    Yes, it had a ported barrel to keep standard pressure ammo subsonic.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Yes, it had a ported barrel to keep standard pressure ammo subsonic.
    Thanks. Do you know of the rifling extended into the can?

Site Supporter
    For the ak and krink guys. While the rifle obviously isn’t a pdw, the mag kind of is. It is one of the old saiga 7.62 ten rounders that I cut off the legs of the follower until it was the same size as a standard ak mag follower. I then ground down the built in “feed ramp” until the mag was the same profile as a standard mag. That was a small amount of work for a modest capacity increase to 13 rounds. It is the most compact ak mag I’ve got and makes for a handy package when I throw the rifle in a tennis racket bag.

For reliability I’ve got 500rds of mixed Russian ball and hollow points through the modified mag and have left it loaded for years on end and I’ve never had a malfunction while using it.

Name:  D97CFE66-44C1-4658-96F7-A8D8710B70ED.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  27.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    About a year ago I installed the 40" snapsafe "underbed" which fits perfectly between the wheel wells of my 4Runner. At the time the best deal was home depot and under $400. I keep the barrel key which is the override on the loop with my ignition key. Easy to conceal the thing in the position it is in.

Name:  snapsafe in 4runner.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  73.1 KB

My deployment concept is if I have to leave with the PDW, it goes in a generic 21" tan canvas gym bag with a shoulder strap, along with a few other necessities. I am really not a big backpack person although that would also be an option.
    Nice, I'm glad to see it setup like that since I didn't find much online. I assume you like it? And how did you secure it?

User Tag List