Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats The Worst Gun Sold in America?

IMHO, the worst guns to own are the collector-grade specimens that would plummet in value if you took them out and shot them.

I mean, I get it. I really do. But to me the best and highest use of a gun is not to keep it in unfired condition. Don't put that kitten on a pedestal.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    For a while I wondered why Taurus didn't take their normal approach and just clone a Glock like they did S&W revos and Beretta autos. Then I got hit with a cluebat and realized if it could be made cheaper, Glock would make it cheaper.
    Congratulations on your new internets. Use it wisely.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    IMHO, the worst guns to own are the collector-grade specimens that would plummet in value if you took them out and shot them.

I mean, I get it. I really do. But to me the best and highest use of a gun is not to keep it in unfired condition. Don't put that kitten on a pedestal.
    In all fairness some models of collector guns are so badly made they're unsafe to shoot anyways. Example, Dornaus & Dixon's Bren Ten.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Don't put that kitten on a pedestal.
    It's not on a pedestal, it's just acknowledging the fact that I have plenty of, say, .357 Magnums to shoot that won't instantly depreciate $200 with the first trigger pull. Some of these things are a serious part of my long term cat food purchase plans, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In all fairness some models of collector guns are so badly made they're unsafe to shoot anyways. Example, Dornaus & Dixon's Bren Ten.
    Poor QC maybe but not unsafe...

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    Poor QC maybe but not unsafe...
    From what I understand, there was a run of bad castings for the Bren Ten , serial numbers affected unknown. The problem is widespread enough that there's a standing warning on the Bren Ten webpage forum to not fire an example until it's been scanned for cracks.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Para 1911s.

Taurus, Jennings, Bryco, Hi-Point all get passes because they're cheap as hell.

Paras are $1,000 or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's not on a pedestal, it's just acknowledging the fact that I have plenty of, say, .357 Magnums to shoot that won't instantly depreciate $200 with the first trigger pull. Some of these things are a serious part of my long term cat food purchase plans, you know.
    If you are going to be a "woman with cats" it is good to be a heavily armed woman with cats!

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    If you are going to be a "woman with cats" it is good to be a heavily armed woman with cats!
    I won't be able to afford to share the cat food with pets at that stage of my life.

In all fairness some models of collector guns are so badly made they're unsafe to shoot anyways.
    Low numbered '03 Springfields come to mind.

I won't be able to afford to share the cat food with pets at that stage of my life.
    Silly Hooser. Think "bait", not snacks.

User Tag List