Page 121 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Ok...Not trying to carry water for Officer Chauvin...does this change things just a bit?

Edit: so your ad blocker doesn't overheat I'll spare you the trip to local media...George Floyd tested positive for COVID 19.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...-for-covid-19/

I'm clearly not an officer. I don't have experience trying to forcibly control people. I certainly can see how this would highly complicate procedures in a pandemic.

So for the professionals here...what's your take?
    From the autopsy....

The decedent was known to be positive for 2019-nCoV RNA on 4/3/2020. Since PCR positivity for 2019-nCoV RNA can persist for weeks after the onset and resolution of clinical disease, the autopsy result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent PCR positivity from previous infection.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Ok...Not trying to carry water for Officer Chauvin...does this change things just a bit?

Edit: so your ad blocker doesn't overheat I'll spare you the trip to local media...George Floyd tested positive for COVID 19.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...-for-covid-19/

I'm clearly not an officer. I don't have experience trying to forcibly control people. I certainly can see how this would highly complicate procedures in a pandemic.

So for the professionals here...what's your take?
    It doesn't change anything.

1) Officers decision must be made on information they have at the time. Is there any indication they knew he was COVID positive?

2) Holding him face down isn't the answer even if he is.

3) If they did know, wearing their mask/face shield and putting a mask on him is the response.

The presence of an infectious disease can factor in to use of force decisions. We had to "evict" a woman in a COVID holding facility who was tearing up her room and had been combative with staff. She cooperated fully with us, but I told my officers to have a Taser out and ready at first contact and if she failed to follow commands and attempted to remove anyone's PPE to tase her. Ordinarily with three officers and one suspect we'd just go hands on, but not when the risk of having your mask removed in that environment creates it's own risk.

Same the woman who spit on her boyfriend and an officer. She was handcuffed, had a face shield put on, and then held on her side (and the shield held in place until a proper spit hood could be sourced).
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Back in the day, and I'm talking late 60's, early 70's, when huge crowds would break into riots and violence, the NYPD's TPF, (Tactical Patrol Force), would come out and administer justice Buford Pusser style. I witnessed their tactics firsthand a few times in Manhattan. Those boys were big and they didn't mind laying down the wood.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Anyone remember when they used to call these riot guns?

Yep. I have a Winchester 1200 "Riot" gun. Says so on the barrel.

I think putting these career criminals on a pedestal do not help their cause in the least.

I really have not seen racism, I have seen people not want to be associated with uneducated or thug like behavior. I guess that is the new racism.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I I guess that is the new racism.
    Everything is the new racism.

Income inequality-racism. Any problems-racism. Heck even climate change is racism, at least according to some.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I can't say I've studied the method but I've thought that those water cannons used so liberally in other parts of the world look awfully effective at this.
    Because of the widespread use of fire hoses on black protestors during the marches of the 60’s I don’t see that being a viable option, especially in the south simply due to the optics and media response that would follow.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Everything is the new racism.

Income inequality-racism. Any problems-racism. Heck even climate change is racism, at least according to some.

Is it any wonder I rarely leave my property but to go to the supermarket? I wouldn't want to offend anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Because of the widespread use of fire hoses on black protestors during the marches of the 60’s I don’t see that being a viable option, especially in the south simply due to the optics and media response that would follow.
    Don't forget German Shepherds.

Fentanyl intoxication, and recent use of methamphetamine and cannabis. Why is this not getting more play? I guess Fentanyl does nothing to people? Last I knew it made people really aggravating and some what stronger than normal.

User Tag List