Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The NRA response to the election will be interesting. They were totally into Trump. What to do now?

It would be interesting to determine if gun control issues were operative in the election. More research than just spouting cliches. Was the hold your nose and vote for Trump vote real? Can lower level Democratic state reps and congress people be influenced to break with the party line in toss up states>

Such questions cannot be examined if the 'leadership' is still into just Trumpism.
    I’m more worried if the leadership is still into expensive bespoke suits and nepotism. The Dems aren’t blue dog Dem friendly anymore.
    #RESIST

A 34% decline in membership is pretty catastrophic, especially given the election and the situation in Georgia. Hopefully that will galvanize some internal changes...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    A 34% decline in membership is pretty catastrophic, especially given the election and the situation in Georgia. Hopefully that will galvanize some internal changes...
    https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2020/11...-for-2021.html

Maybe doubling down to be sure no “outsiders” get on the board?

Paywall...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Well, the financial shenanigans continue: https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-ack...ng-11606341481

What this portends, hmm? Criminal charges?
    https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2020/11...ax-filing.html

This covers it and shows the amended forms with some explanation.

I doubt it. LaPierre is dug in like a chigger.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I doubt it. LaPierre is dug in like a chigger.
    We need a "dislike" button. I think you're probably right .

We need a "dislike" button. I think you're probably right .
    Oh yeah, we need Lt Colonel Allen West to take over ASAP but LaPierre ain’t leaving his cash cow that he’s bleeding dry and I expect there’s enough gullible older members to keep the NRA barely going until he croaks.
    #RESIST

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Only a 2.5 million settlement? That $54 million we spent on the Brewer organization really paid off. Suck it, NY State!
    As far as I see, that doesn't touch on the other actions between NYS and the NRA.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    As far as I see, that doesn't touch on the other actions between NYS and the NRA.
    Indeed, the point of spending a million dollars a day on the Brewer organization seems to have little to do with quality of representation or the results obtained, or really anything the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct have to say about the reasonableness of fees. It looks more like a Brewster's Millions kind of situation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh yeah, we need Lt Colonel Allen West to take over ASAP but LaPierre ain’t leaving his cash cow that he’s bleeding dry and I expect there’s enough gullible older members to keep the NRA barely going until he croaks.
    Nope...I need West running for governor in Tx....then moving to President. Although it'd be cool to have him to both...

User Tag List