Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Sports to import German Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Hmm. Interesting.

You think we’ll get anything besides 210s and X5s? What models do they even make over there?

I wonder how this works with Exeter... why didn’t they just use them as the importer?
    I figured Sig USA sees imports as negatively impacting their business model--I assume the import would have less of a mark up for Sig USA and hence less profit, as well as making support/repair more problematic.

I always wanted a German x5 tactical, and was sad when they stopped being available.

Might get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I figured Sig USA sees imports as negatively impacting their business model--I assume the import would have less of a mark up for Sig USA and hence less profit, as well as making support/repair more problematic.

I think Sig Sauer USA lost their ability to import guns from Germany due to the guns they sold to Colombia. Cohen was briefly detained last time he was in Germany related to that. I also do think that Sig cares too much over small volume imports and they are trimming back on the classic series regardless. The MCX and P320 are the future for Sig USA.

Hopefully SPC 2022

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I would have assumed that Sig USA would have had some kind exclusive deal on the imports to keep the money/control in their court. But who knows. Maybe that expired. Maybe the aforementioned shadiness mitigated such arrangements. Maybe this is all pure speculation and I have no idea what I’m talking about.

Site Supporter
    I looked at sigsauer.de...

A lot of the same stuff we have here: P238s, 1911s, Legions, 10mm P220s.

Could be that stuff is actually made in here, and shipped over there. But it looks like their P210 is definitely different from what’s made here (ie, it’s the “Legend” we got a few years ago). Wonder if they make P229s and P226s over there?

I looked at sigsauer.de...

A lot of the same stuff we have here: P238s, 1911s, Legions, 10mm P220s.

Could be that stuff is actually made in here, and shipped over there. But it looks like their P210 is definitely different from what’s made here (ie, it’s the “Legend” we got a few years ago). Wonder if they make P229s and P226s over there?
    I was just thinking I wonder if they still make 228's over there?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I wish. I wonder if they still have the slide folding machines?

I looked at sigsauer.de... Could be that stuff is actually made in here, and shipped over there.
    Highly likely some are. Unthinkable 20 years ago, Honda and Toyota in the US export some of their vehicles to Japan.

The Honda/Acura NSX (the corporate flaship) is made nowhere but in Marysville, Ohio and sold world wide.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I think 228s are no longer made anywhere. That’s based of what could be a fault memory of something I read long ago.

User Tag List