Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It does feel good to lay off the Magnums, but it’s a a pussycat with Specials. I’m saving nickel plated Magnum brass to reload lighter - I want to prevent those nasty cylinder carbon rings.

Attachment 67769
    I do the same thing with .357 to shoot my M19's. 800 fps with a magnum case. How's that for wimpy, limp wrist shooting? I shot a friends 44 mag Anaconda with factory ammo. The muzzle flip was exciting. I had some 44 spl ammo and it was pleasant.

If I'm not careful I'm going to talk myself into a 44 spl revolver with all heartache of finding bullets and dies to load it. I think I would rather have a 44 mag and load it down. Dirty Harry would not approve.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-18-2021 at 08:28 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When I hit the lotto I'm gonna be the Oprah of Revolvers. Until then, you guys will have to pay for your own wheelies, sorry dudes, dudettes, and all non-binary identifying duderinos.

@Hansohn Brothers - I'll hit you guys up for my order and I suggest @jetfire do the same if he isn't going through his local crack dealer.
    Are you going to have your own line of revolvers for mega bucks and tell people to hit the pawn shops for really good deals? I love that down and out Rodeo Drive bitch.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-18-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I do the same thing with .357 to shoot my M19's. 800 fps with a magnum case. How's that for wimpy, limp wrist shooting? I shot a friends 44 mag Anaconda with factory ammo. The muzzle flip was exciting. I had some 44 spl ammo and it was pleasant.

If I'm not careful I'm going to talk myself into a 44 spl revolver with all heartache of finding bullets and dies to load it. I think I would rather have a 44 mag and load it down. Dirty Harry would not approve.
    My use case for the 69 was woods tromping in northern WI and the UP of MI, so I wanted Magnums for that. But I’m not a masochist the rest of the time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Honestly, if I could get any .44, I’d rather have a 4” or 5” Model 24 or a 4” Model 21. The 4” Model 69 is interesting. So is the GP.100.

But still, I’d prefer six over five.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My use case for the 69 was woods tromping in northern WI and the UP of MI, so I wanted Magnums for that. But I’m not a masochist the rest of the time.
    It does have a certain amount of utility. My friend hiked and fished the rivers in AK for many years. Originally purchased for SD in the AK bush. It's a beautiful revolver and worth 3x what he paid for. When I told him what it was worth he was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Honestly, if I could get any .44, I’d rather have a 4” or 5” Model 24 or a 4” Model 21. The 4” Model 69 is interesting. So is the GP.100.

But still, I’d prefer six over five.
    Purist.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think I would rather have a 44 mag and load it down. Dirty Harry would not approve.
    Harry used a light Special load. At least for target practice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Part of me wishes this gun was chambered in .41 Special.

Something I hadn't noticed when I watched Magnum Force as a movie - the targets:

Was it SOP in those days to train for gutshots? That would be a interesting way to enhance psychological stops in a pre-JHP era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I don’t need another caliber. I don’t need another caliber. I don’t need another caliber. I don’t need another caliber.
    I think you're looking at it wrong.
    Try this: If you get a .44 Spl, do you need those other calibers?

User Tag List