Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I agree too. In objective testing, I’m just so much better with a dot that I quit fighting my desire for iron sighted carry guns.

To be fair, I’ve had irons knocked out of zero and having a dot plus BUIS actually is a more reliable sighting system for carry IMO.

I also don’t see why people disparage CO as “Poor man’s open.”

It’s not about cost for most people, it’s about hassle. It’s the same as racing less modified vehicles rather than prototype cars. It still takes a lot of skill to race well and expensive cars don’t replace basic driving ability.

But to have factory based cars that have parts that are available in stock from mass distributors and were built to reliability and durability specs for widespread use?... THAT’s a lot of the draw for carry optics.

It’s less hassle. When people have a lot of money, their time costs money. Sometimes people with money just want shit that works. Carry Optics comes on a basis of factory engineering and testing.

For the same reason that I’d rather daily drive a GT3 than a McLaren, I’d rather compete in CO than Open. And financial cost of entry isn’t a consideration at all. Hassle of breakage and repair is.
    When I say poor man's Open I say it with fondness myself. Several comrades have gone there and I bought my X5 with that in mind in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Oh my fucking gourd IDPA versus IPSC.

I sincerely hope all of you get herpes.
    Herpes? Old fart!

I sincerely hope all of you get herpes.
    I did already, but your mother was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I did already, but your mother was worth it.
    You both belong on doodie project. :P

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    You both belong on doodie project. :P
    Nah, it’s just good old fashioned STD and mom jokes.
    We aren’t actually talking about open sores on genitalia and having sex with people’s mothers.

Please update complaints.
    IPSC has not been shot to any extent in the USA for a good many years. Not zero, but not much.

No, it's to discourage round-counting.
    I have a hard time believing that's the reason for the rule.
    Why? IDPA BoD SAID it was the reason when they put it in.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Why? IDPA BoD SAID it was the reason when they put it in.
    Well, if that’s what they said was the intent then that’s the intent.

I had a hard time believing it because it didn’t seem like that rule would make counting to 10 difficult.

But I’ll chalk it up to rules because rules and accept it.

AIWB doesn't matter.
    IDPA pisses people off because it's a game that wraps itself in faux tactics with Dunning-Kruger Effect to the max. It has a drastically different scoring metric, crowd, and equipment rules from USPSA. The holster rules are at the bottom of the list of issues. Issues which will always exist because you can't make everyone happy and nothing is perfect.

In an average match let's say there are 4-6 stages. The majority of matches are local, level 1 matches. So over 90% of the time when one goes and plays IDPA they shoot approximately 5 stages. Say one of those stages has the gun start in a box, on a barrel, whatever.
    So you're telling me, 4 draws is going to ruin your real world application, build training scars, and keep you from "train like you fight" ninja-operator-master level? 4 draws is what's keeping you from competing? Go dry fire for 10min after the match with your AIWB holster and you'll log in 500% the quantity of draws you just got in the match.

Bruce Lee was pretty accurate when he said "Before I learned the art, a punch was just a punch, and a kick, just a kick. After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick, no longer a kick. Now that I understand the art, a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick." In direct comparison a draw is a draw and it really doesn't matter whether its from AIWB, a skeleton race holster, or a Safariland. If you're a soup sandwich going from AIWB to OWB, its because you're a soup sandwich, not because you had to change gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    AIWB doesn't matter.
    IDPA pisses people off because it's a game that wraps itself in faux tactics with Dunning-Kruger Effect to the max. It has a drastically different scoring metric, crowd, and equipment rules from USPSA. The holster rules are at the bottom of the list of issues. Issues which will always exist because you can't make everyone happy and nothing is perfect.

In an average match let's say there are 4-6 stages. The majority of matches are local, level 1 matches. So over 90% of the time when one goes and plays IDPA they shoot approximately 5 stages. Say one of those stages has the gun start in a box, on a barrel, whatever.
    So you're telling me, 4 draws is going to ruin your real world application, build training scars, and keep you from "train like you fight" ninja-operator-master level? 4 draws is what's keeping you from competing? Go dry fire for 10min after the match with your AIWB holster and you'll log in 500% the quantity of draws you just got in the match.

Bruce Lee was pretty accurate when he said "Before I learned the art, a punch was just a punch, and a kick, just a kick. After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick, no longer a kick. Now that I understand the art, a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick." In direct comparison a draw is a draw and it really doesn't matter whether its from AIWB, a skeleton race holster, or a Safariland. If you're a soup sandwich going from AIWB to OWB, its because you're a soup sandwich, not because you had to change gear.
    I tried to like this post ten times, but could only log in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Not necessarily disagreeing (personally use side rig in games while carry AIWB) but...

Those four draws will be their weekly assessment of how they are doing with their carry gear under condition of competitive stress, under observation, more or less cold, no redos, for score on that given day. 500 dry draws at home or live fire at the range don't give you that. As an example, there are less than two dozen FAST coin holders but hundreds of people who say they can run it on their own under 5.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List