Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gadget (article)

My only non-Gadget Glocks are two G30s and a G21, and if Tau Development ever tooled up for the .45 Auto guns, I'd get SCDs for those guns too, even though none of them are being used for CCW any more.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    My only non-Gadget Glocks are two G30s and a G21, and if Tau Development ever tooled up for the .45 Auto guns, I'd get SCDs for those guns too, even though none of them are being used for CCW any more.
    My G21.2 has a Gadget. As far as I know, every Glock with the possible exception of the Glock 44 is supported with a Gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    It is already capable of that.

The SCD works with all Glock pistols. There are models available for Gen5 (which also includes the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45), Gen1-4 (models 17–41), Slimline 9mm (43, 43X, 48), and G42. The SCD is designed to work with OEM Glock triggers and aftermarket trigger components that do NOT alter pre-travel compared to the stock trigger.
    https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/pr...control-device
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My G21.2 has a Gadget. As far as I know, every Glock with the possible exception of the Glock 44 is supported with a Gadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thank you both for bringing that to my attention!

I'd thought that the wider slides of the .45 Auto guns would require a different SCD, but obviously never actually measured or looked closely.

More good stuff learned on p-f!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post
    This is correct. A G44 variant should be available later this year.

I'm not sure why it's confusing when I say Gen1-4 Models 17-41, that I really mean all Gen1 through Gen4 models from the 17 to the 41, but it obviously is since I get a LOT of people asking if some random .45ACP or 10mm model Glock is, or will be, supported.

It is apparently also confusing that when I say "Gen5 (also includes 19X, 17M, 19M, G45)" that I mean all guns marked Gen5 and also the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45 (which are not labeled Gen5 but are mechanically/technically Gen5 guns) and not just the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45.

I'm sure I could write a longer explanation explicitly listing which models are supported by which SCD, but I don't think this is a "problem" that is going to be solved with more words.
    How to say "f^^k you" and still win hearts and minds.

(It helps if you have a great product, too.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I love the SCD/Gadget. I have come to the point where I consider it essential for any Glock that will be carried.

I really wish a SCD was available for the CZ P10 series. @taudevgroup, is this possible? If so, how many pre-orders would it take to make this happen?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-15-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    All of my glocks have gadgets.

I still occasionally get people asking about them in classes, but all of the instructors seem to know what's up.

2 things I talk up in just about every class I take, LULAs and gadgets...
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

My P2XX Sig pistols came with something similar from the factory, although they call it a hammer ;-)

Seriously, I am glad to see so much love for these things, I think they are a great idea and if I had a Glock I would quickly install one (if permitted). I wish they were available for other platforms like the M&P and P320 (although I understand why they are not)

@taudevgroup, how about a GoFundMe or some other no obligations type of funding to facilitate the project?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

This is really just my curiosity, so sorry to add another question, but... I understand why the Glock, S&W SD, PPS, etc. designs would work with an SCD. I guess I'm lost as to how it would work at all on a fully tensioned striker gun. According to my limited understanding of the mechanics of those guns, I thought an SCD for them was impossible, not just more difficult or complicated.

And for the record, I'd buy a handful of PPQ Gadgets in a heartbeat, and promptly add a commensurate number of PPQs to the safe. It would fix Walther's mistake of not offering a PPQ with a PPS trigger and striker system.

User Tag List