Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't there better sub-compact DA/SA options?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Hey let's not forgot the unforgettable Walther PPK! Bersa has a version as well.
    I've never actually shot a PPK, but I keep hearing about how the DA trigger is absurdly heavy and the slide will slice open your hand, plus .380 is the biggest caliber they come in, so overall not a great option IMO. YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I've been trying to avoid glocks for various reasons.. But when I compare the P07 and G48 - they are the same length, but the G48 is much lighter (7 oz less is huge), is thinner, has a much longer barrel (4.17 vs 3.75). Those are seriously impressive specs. And you can buy a striker control back plate to be safe when reholstering.

Arg... I might need to get sucked into the dark side.
    I think a G48 with a SCD is a good option--as are the G43 and G26. I've settled on CZs and Glocks as my main 'platforms'. Both are well-designed, reliable, robust to dirty conditions, mechanically simple, and spare parts are cheap and easy to find. The grip angles are similar enough that my index is precise with both. I used a G43 as my deep concealment gun until I jumped on the snubby bandwagon.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-05-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Like the M&P subcompact size?
    I think so. Never had an M&P subcompact.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    My issue with the PX4 is that it weighs as much as a P07, is almost as large, and yet has a 3.3" Barrel. But I guess if it's somehow significantly more comfortable than a P07 maybe that's still OK.
    Are you talking about the [i][b]compact[\i][\b] or the [i][b]sub[\i][\b]compact? I'm talking about the subcompact.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I like my HK P2000 9mm. 13+1 Partial to DA/SA.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...0-vs-glock-g19

Also the Commie Makarov.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I've never actually shot a PPK, but I keep hearing about how the DA trigger is absurdly heavy and the slide will slice open your hand, plus .380 is the biggest caliber they come in, so overall not a great option IMO. YMMV of course.
    Those are issues indeed.

Tda sucks and the die hard sub compact guy isn’t going to train enough to master it

And tda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I think so. Never had an M&P subcompact.

Are you talking about the [i][b]compact[\i][\b] or the [i][b]sub[\i][\b]compact? I'm talking about the subcompact.
    Ahhh, yes I was thinking the PX4 compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think a G48 with a SCD is a good option--as are the G43 and G26. I've settled on CZs and Glocks as my main 'platforms'. Both are well-designed, reliable, robust to dirty conditions, mechanically simple, and spare parts are cheap and easy to find. The grip angles are similar enough that my index is precise with both. I used a G43 as my deep concealment gun until I jumped on the snubby bandwagon.
    I got to fondle a friends G48 with Shield Arms mags. It makes a damned compelling argument for replacing my S&W 9 Shield as a main carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Tda sucks and the die hard sub compact guy isn’t going to train enough to master it

And tda sucks.
    Is that a Beretta in the avatar?

User Tag List