Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Ain’t going to lie - I’m giddy!

The lack of offering a truly off-road capable SUV in 2005 is what took me away from Ford and being a Full Size and Bronco II owner, and made me a proud 4Runner owner.

My 4Runner isn’t slated for replacement for another 7 years so hopefully Ford will have gotten all the kinks out of this new line of awesomeness!

I'm digging it so far!

Not perfect... Wish the 5.0 was an option, or at least a non-turbo option was available. But pretty stoked so far!

Not that I'm in line to buy anything soon.... but maybe someday.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

A guy at work wouldn't shut up about looking forward to that commercial.

I didn't watch it all, but the models look decent.

Looks fun, but absolutely useless in my world. If I lived in the western lower 48 I'd be all over one.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Not really my thing, but looks cool for those who's thing it is.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

They may have found their next Exploder.

Jeep needs competition, frankly.

Not really a truck guy and I want one. Good work Ford.

https://jalopnik.com/2021-ford-bronc...ind-1844370220

Some neat stuff. The doors are...novel? I really like front and rear locking differentials, although they're "optional", so they'll probably only be on models with $20k in upgrades. I don't care about an unlocking sway bar, who the hell is really gonna take a new truck to someplace where an unlocking sway bar is useful?

Not having a NA V8 option is as retarded as I've come to expect from the people that thought "Four Cylinder Mustang Round 2" and "Electric SUV But We're Calling It Mustang" was a good idea. Forget the amount of power it makes, I don't want a turbo engine. Not to mention this thing is absolutely hideous. This retro-feminine styling just has to stop. Oh, and if you're going to target the Jeep Gladiator, maybe have a body option that's, you know, a fucking pickup?

Very simple:

*6.5' bed
    *big-ass V8
    *modern Transmission of Many Gears
    *steel lower front bumper, steel skidplates armoring the underside
    *as many driver-controlled traction, suspension, and drivetrain controls as you can stuff in the cockpit

That's it. That's all you need to do--make something that can drive through the plow ridge at the bottom of the driveway without ripping off front fascias and tearing out wiring, with a V8 and a usable bed. Make that, sell about a billion units, call it a day.

Want one, but will stick with Toyota. Don't want to provide even a small contribution to DNC via Ford Motor Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Want one, but will stick with Toyota. Don't want to provide even a small contribution to DNC via Ford Motor Company.
    What about Jesse Jackson Rainbow Push Program?

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    What about Jesse Jackson Rainbow Push Program?
    Yeah...not contributing to that either.

User Tag List