Page 82 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    A lot of your observations are correct. The SubCompact will use the same decocker levers and slide catch, though it normally comes stock with a low profile slide catch, anyway. The hammers are the same in the different Storms, but the struts are different in a SubCompact. It will take the same hammer spring, though.

You are correct that the hammer assembly unit is different in a Sub. It seems to go by different names... confusing. It is a hammer assembly unit in Beretta speak. Some call the competition version a competition trigger group because it will help single action trigger pull. But, it does not contain a trigger or trigger bar. In Gunsmith terms it is a fire control group. A rose by any other name...

You could find a part of interest here: https://www.brownells.com/schematics...sc-sid878.aspx And see if it is the same part number as here: https://www.brownells.com/schematics...ct-sid928.aspx Or here: https://www.brownells.com/schematics...x4-sid879.aspx to see about any other parts that come to mind. Brownells is Beretta’s official distributor of OEM parts.
    On the schematic a little number will be next to a part, click on it and it will show up below the schematic. Remember that parts found on the PX4 full size page might be for Type C or D and not compatible with Type F or G.

The spurless hammer can be found at http://shop.langdontactical.com/products/
    Awesome man. Thank you. If the 12# hammer spring works as well in the subcompact as it does in my compact that'll do just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Awesome man. Thank you. If the 12# hammer spring works as well in the subcompact as it does in my compact that'll do just fine.
    That spring has a good reputation. If your SubCompact is well used, you might consider replacing the slide rebound spring, if the prior owner has not.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    That spring has a good reputation. If your SubCompact is well used, you might consider replacing the slide rebound spring, if the prior owner has not.
    Yeah, first thing I do is put in a new a recoil spring and shoot it. If I like it I'll try and find one in a known condition if not brand new for carry.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have a PX4 Type C Constant Action as well as both flavors of S&W 3rd Generation DAO and HK LEM. To me, the trigger is very much like the original S&W 3rd Generation DAO or a well-tuned S&W DA revolver. The trigger pull has about 8# of weight but does not stack. There is no stacking to the break, and the break itself is not telegraphed. The trigger resets a bit before full return travel with very little tactile feel other than there is no weight pushing the trigger back.
    @farscott - Have you tried the Type D version as well? I've got one and the DAO is pretty nice, but I'd be interested in a comparison between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @farscott - Have you tried the Type D version as well? I've got one and the DAO is pretty nice, but I'd be interested in a comparison between the two.
    I am in the process of acquiring a Type D from SOG, but I have not yet tried a PX4 Type D.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I am in the process of acquiring a Type D from SOG, but I have not yet tried a PX4 Type D.
    That's where I got mine from, I'm pretty pleased with it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    That's where I got mine from, I'm pretty pleased with it. Thanks!
    Glad to know. Hard to go wrong with a full-size Beretta pistol for less than $300 out the door, including FFL fees.

Once it arrives, I will have full-size PX4 samples in Types C, D, and G. I will probably add a Type F to complete the series.

Anyone have experience on the FDE Compact version? Seems hard to find, I know the slide is cerakote but was wondering if the frame was cerakote or actual dyed FDE?

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Anyone have experience on the FDE Compact version? Seems hard to find, I know the slide is cerakote but was wondering if the frame was cerakote or actual dyed FDE?
    I have the FDE compact. The actual polymer is FDE, not coated. So you can sand it, stipple, whatever and it'll still be fde.

Picked the gun up today. In typical PX4 fasion the trigger isn't bad as-is. I'll test fire it this weekend to make sure it works then I'll steal the 12# WC hammer spring from my compact to put in the subcompact and the compact will get a TJIB.

User Tag List