Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leupold Delta Point Micro (DPM)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm intrigued by how well one's iron sight index might translate to indexing to this dot.

@HCM re SHO/WHO or unconventional positions - can you expand on that watch out? If one can find one's front sight in those scenarios and this dot co-witnesses to the front sight . . . ?

I'd like to see one mounted live.

My cut up Sharpie cap isn't looking to bad in dry fire.

Attachment 65451
    Just because you can see through the rear window doesn't mean you will see the dot.

In unconventional positions and one handed you can't rely on your index like you can in a conventional 2 handed standing or seated position.

When you use Iron sights you are always using your peripheral vision to help pick up and align the sights, whether consciously or unconsciously. This is where the "scope shadow" of tube sights like Aimpoint Micros and ACROs or semi tube sights like the SRO is useful. The new Holosun with Vulcan reticle uses the same concept.

Using co-witness to find the dot is doing 4 things vs doing 1 thing. Unconventional positions is one of the few times it can be useful but still sub optimal.

The other issue is how much of the tiny window is taken up by the front sight ? My initial dislike of the RMR was based in part on the fact that the True co-witness BUIS took up half of what was an already small window. A switch to 1/4 co-witness BUIS made the RMR much more usable.

I’d rather have a laser.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I can appreciate the outside the box thinking, but for now until proven otherwise a participation trophy is all I can give Leupold on this one.

Name:  ParticipationTrophy.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  28.4 KB

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just because you can see through the rear window doesn't mean you will see the dot.

In unconventional positions and one handed you can't rely on your index like you can in a conventional 2 handed standing or seated position.

When you use Iron sights you are always using your peripheral vision to help pick up and align the sights, whether consciously or unconsciously. This is where the "scope shadow" of tube sights like Aimpoint Micros and ACROs or semi tube sights like the SRO is useful. The new Holosun with Vulcan reticle uses the same concept.

Using co-witness to find the dot is doing 4 things vs doing 1 thing. Unconventional positions is one of the few times it can be useful but still sub optimal.

The other issue is how much of the tiny window is taken up by the front sight ? My initial dislike of the RMR was based in part on the fact that the True co-witness BUIS took up half of what was an already small window. A switch to 1/4 co-witness BUIS made the RMR much more usable.
    Thanks!

Co-witness is just how you find your front sight if the RDS fails. That's been my understanding of the concept on carbines anyway.

The interesting thing about co-witness in this context is about how close to habituated iron sight indexes might be to acquiring the dot. That was the reference to the co-witness I was aiming at.

Front post might be occluding massive real estate, especially with a HD front.

I guess it won't be out for months so its mostly moot at this point. It'll be fun (to me anyway) to hear more about it. There isn't a single RDS on the market tempting me at all presently so I'm all for new takes on the subject.
    Last edited by JHC; 12-30-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    includes a view through the optic.

Name:  DPM.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  34.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Do you think the giant sloped surface reflecting light draws the eye down ?

Name:  DPM 3.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  13.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    includes a view through the optic.

Name:  DPM.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  34.7 KB

Nice find. At the 3:47 mark there's a glimpse of the view through recoil. FWIW.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I just like somebody taking a flier in a different direction. The real range reviews will be the daddy. I am reminded of the universal TRASHING AR pistols got when they first arrived on the scene.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I just like somebody taking a flier in a different direction. The real range reviews will be the daddy. I am reminded of the universal TRASHING AR pistols got when they first arrived on the scene.
    Before braces, the thrashing was valid.

I can see the market for this being 1) dot curious individuals and if viable, 2) cheap PD's that don't want to spring for new guns, people who want a dot but cant cut up an issued / mandated gun.

It will work in most non RDS concealment holsters but a true retention holster like a 6360 ALS/SLS would be a no go.

User Tag List