Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The pathway to salvation is as narrow and as difficult to walk as a razor's edge.
    That really cut me to the quick.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The pathway to salvation is as narrow and as difficult to walk as a razor's edge.
    "Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

"Is your religion real when it costs you nothing and carries no risk?"

Maybe that's the point of enlightenment? ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 445
Size:  5.1 KB

"When you can take the Spyderco from my hand...then it will be time for you to leave."

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    For some reason I’d like to see a version with a Wharncliffe blade and serrated edge because I’m a weirdo.
    I bought a Delica with the serrated Wharncliffe blade and discovered that it was the bomb for opening cartons with reinforced tape and that tenacious, clear wrapping material from Hell. Really a useful knife to keep by the kitchen and entryway. Interestingly, I have been told that it "looks scary."

(By people who haven't seen a Civilian or Matriarch.)
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Its the serrations. In pre 9/11 days you could fly with a delica sized folder or SAK all day long. Thru the mid 90s, the knife could be fully serrated. I indeed carried a serrated delica specifically for the time, on an airplane mind you, I was going to have to cut thru seatbelts.

At some point thereafter, no more serrations. One lost delica serrated later, I bought a walmart Native that I would essential use as a money clip when going thru the airport. Nary a word.

Still have the Native. Post 9/11, your best permissible edge is probable a pair of purpose designed trauma shears???

If I cared or worked in a place where it mattered, I would lose the serrated edge, keep the Delica as the upper end of my size envelope and perhaps select a non black "friendlier" color.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Post 9/11, your best permissible edge is probable a pair of purpose designed trauma shears???
    Gata naranja had the envelope opener blade component of her Victorinox SwissCard confiscated on her last flight. The scissors were ok.

As for serrations, yes, they do freak some people out. I chalked those reactions to that particular Delica up to the serrations combined with the Wharncliffe blade shape, because even the plain edge Wharncliffe Delica sometimes causes people to do a sort of double-take or get a blank look.

Humans are weird.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    As for serrations, yes, they do freak some people out.
    I think they are even specifically called out in Ohio law, which is particularly goofy.

Just a heads up: there will be an exclusive PM2 released soon. It will be a Paramilitary 2 with OD green G-10 handle scales and black DLC coated blade S90V blade. Available on March 30th at 11 am Central. Priced at $182 each with a limit of 2 per customer. It will be exclusive to DLT Trading.
    Instagram post here, I couldn't find any mention on the website so far: http://instagram.com/p/CMnLLctLoyU/

If I didn't already have too many PM2s I'd pick one up. Great steel, high carbide content, holds an edge for a long time.

(Sharpening is not for the faint of heart, or for those without some experience, generally speaking. Diamond hones a plus.)

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Just a heads up: there will be an exclusive PM2 released soon. It will be a Paramilitary 2 with OD green G-10 handle scales and black DLC coated blade S90V blade. Available on March 30th at 11 am Central. Priced at $182 each with a limit of 2 per customer. It will be exclusive to DLT Trading.
    Instagram post here, I couldn't find any mention on the website so far: http://instagram.com/p/CMnLLctLoyU/
    Interesting. I had wanted to buy a couple or three Delicas, at the end of the month, specifically for travel blades. (Road trips, not flying.) My deposit will post by 0800, on the 30th. Hmm. Thanks for enabling.

Why “travel blades?” Well, here in knife-friendly Texas, I tend to pack large blades, that would step on legal toes, in places such as neighboring Arkansas, where my wife wants to visit.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-22-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List