Page 569 of 817 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579619669 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Tried the new "Wonder Woman" movie yesterday. Only made it about 10 minutes before I switched it off. Awful. Watched "Barbarians" instead. It's an okay series.

Rosco

“Manhunt - UNABOM”

Story of how they tracked down Ted Kaczynski.

8 episodes, all about 45 mins.

Fantastic series

Site Supporter

You Tube TV & Poldark

We presently own two homes in Wyoming and paid separate satellite television service subscriptions totaling about $300/month. Last week, we cancelled both in favor of a single You Tube TV subscription at $65/month. The You Tube TV subscription includes "a family group of up to six household members". So far, so good. $240/month savings, cancel anytime, great picture quality, and all the programming we customarily watch.

We are now binging "Poldark" on Amazon Prime. Great stuff.

From the Big Empty, ELN.

Free Solo

Free Solo documented Alex Honnold's attempt to climb El Capitan without any ropes or other safety equipment. Nearly everyone who Free Solos has been

killed during a climb.

Very good, won an Oscar for best documentary and nominated for a ton of technical awards.

Amazingly beautiful cinematography that was cleverly used to portray the enormity of the task.

Honnold is an appealing character, slightly on the Spectrum, which is clearly an advantage for his passion. The training and methodical planning are shown clearly.

There was one place on the climb where everyone who climbed with ropes (including Honnold)couldn't get past without falling. It was a horrifying spot, holding on

to near imaginary creases with thumbs and fingertips while swinging your leg across the void to another friction hold for your foot.

My palms sweated the whole time.

Highly recommended.

Site Supporter
    About WW again - the soldiers and WH security all have Star Wars' level shooting skills.

Apollo 11 on Netflix. Surprisingly exciting, even though I knew the plot in advance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Finished up Season 2 of The Mandalorian last night, on Disney+.

It was freaking outstanding; best series I've seen on TV in a long time. Excellent cinematography, characters, and music; and of course, the father/son "Star Wars" theme resonating through a new pair of characters, the Mandalorian and the "baby Yoda" character. I love the cameo appearances this season by Timothy Olyphant, Titus Welliver and Micheal Biehn. Great casting! And that special reveal on the last episode!! Holy smokes!!

4 out of 5 stars.
    I'm four episodes into Season 1 and I mostly like it so far. The scripts are a bit of a mixed bag, but I can tell it has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm four episodes into Season 1 and I mostly like it so far. The scripts are a bit of a mixed bag, but I can tell it has potential.
    In my opinion the 1st season and first few episodes of season 2 are just pretty decent. But the latter half of season 2 dials it up to an 11. Stick with it.

We just started back into King of the Hill and all I can say is OMFG it is still as hilarious as it ever was! LMAO from the first episode when Nancy Gribble hopped into the Jeep with John Redcorn.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just watched Shutter Island. I'd never seen it. Pretty good movie, held my interest.

Each night before I go to bed I watch two episodes of the Cisco Kid on Amazon Prime. Pretty cheesy, but I enjoy the artifacts of simpler days. Blew through Car 54 Where Are You? too quickly, really enjoyed that one.

User Tag List