Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Springfield MO/ active shooter threat, detains man with oarmor, rifle & over 100 rds

While I agree with all but the one person here, I don’t think that the exaggerations of his round count being able to take Fallujah or being the same as an infantryman’s loadout will ever do any of us any favors. It’s the same BS CNN uses to incite fear and if I’d gotten pulled over in the last few days and the above standards were used for rhetoric, someone would probably claim that I was trying to start WWIII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stupid afflicts many. Common sense is so uncommon it's like a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    While I agree with all but the one person here, I don’t think that the exaggerations of his round count being able to take Fallujah or being the same as an infantryman’s loadout will ever do any of us any favors. It’s the same BS CNN uses to incite fear and if I’d gotten pulled over in the last few days and the above standards were used for rhetoric, someone would probably claim that I was trying to start WWIII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah you're right. I made the Fallujah comment before I saw that it was only 100 rounds. I'd quickly seen a picture of him in his vest yesterday and it seemed like he had more mags on him then that. In any case, you're right that the media is already doing their best to play the "weapons of war" card without our help...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    FWIW, Andrew Branca's thoughts on the legal issues (of both the guy with the rifle and the firefighter who detained him):

https://lawofselfdefense.com/underst...y-armor-event/
    Well yeah but heck what does that guy know about the Law of Self Defense? I mean he should like write a book...

Oh...wait.

/sarc

It is the difference between someone open carrying in the store with a visible gun in a holster and walking through the store with the gun drawn in a low ready position.

In the first case people would look at him and conclude that he is an open carry guy; in the second case they would worry that he was someone who was about to go on a shooting spree.

Dressing up in a tactical vest with several magazines and going to a store carrying a long arm is consistent with the way an active shooter behaves, as evidenced by the reactions of everyone and the police.

What's next, dress up as a jihadi with a chestrig and AK and walk around outside of a synagogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    It is the difference between someone open carrying in the store with a visible gun in a holster and walking through the store with the gun drawn in a low ready position.

In the first case people would look at him and conclude that he is an open carry guy; in the second case they would worry that he was someone who was about to go on a shooting spree.

Dressing up in a tactical vest with several magazines and going to a store carrying a long arm is consistent with the way an active shooter behaves, as evidenced by the reactions of everyone and the police.

What's next, dress up as a jihadi with a chestrig and AK and walk around outside of a synagogue?
    Don't give them any ideas...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Threats do not have to be words. Actions can be a threat. Read the statute again. Particularly the part that includes “implied threats”
    But HCM, he even said that he didn't know it would evoke that sort of reaction!

Don't you get it!? He said he's innocent! We can all stand down now and let the guy continue on. Uncuff him, boys, street him. He says he's innocent, after all.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    But HCM, he even said that he didn't know it would evoke that sort of reaction!

Don't you get it!? He said he's innocent! We can all stand down now and let the guy continue on. Uncuff him, boys, street him. He says he's innocent, after all.
    “I’m innocent, see? I didn’t do nuttin, copper, see? I want my mouthpiece, see?”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Considering the total known facts at the moment of the incident, dude is really lucky he didn't get smoke checked right then and there. Probably a good thing he skipped the ear pro, that might have been the last box that needed to get checked for his demise.

Props to the FF who got this shit show handled, before it turned into another active shooter incident.

Dude said he was just "testing" public reaction? Sure, I guess I should believe him, cause he says so?
    I'm not so sure.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I doubt that competent counsel will let it get that far.
    Competent counsel cannot override an incompetent client's desire to go to trial. So if our social experimenter really wants to complete his mission, he should press for a jury trial. Extra freedom points for demanding speedy trial and the limited prep time that goes with it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List