Page 433 of 817 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just wrapped up Season 4 of Better Call Saul. I enjoyed it more than the previous season, and look forward to Season 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the first 2 episodes of Narcos, Season 2. More of the same good stuff. Those boys have opened themselves up to a world of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Narcos, Season 2. More of the same good stuff. Those boys have opened themselves up to a world of hurt.
    I actually posted the following in response to someone's misdirected post in the "action movie" thread...it's more appropriate here:

It's an excellent series. It was good to see a little payback early in this new season...

...but as I tell my wife, having worked on some of the cases and with some of the folks mentioned in the series (Narcos: Colombia, mostly), it also reminds me of how futile the whole thing seems on the whole.

(I wouldn't have missed it though.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Finished The Expanse. I want to see more about Amos.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Started to watch October Faction - a Netflix vampire killer show. Mildy interesting but they were using HK MP7 PDWs in 1990. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Joker.
    What a piece of Sh**t!
    It's a typical, "Society is the reason for evil." Oh the poor Joker is created by the ailes of society. It's not his fault he kills a shit load of people, it societies.
    Give me a fucking break. I'm just sick and tired of people having orgasims over the idea that assholes aren't responsible for their actions.
    He is a sick asshole that Batman should put away. (or kill) How many people would have lived live if somebody has the guts to put this mad dog down?
    But the movie celebrates his effen madness. The problem isn't the fact that he's a homicidal nut job, It's that society doesn't respect his "journey."
    This will be a perfect entry to the historical documentation of the fall of America.
    I had a completely different interpretation of that film. To me it was more about how the media can turn someone who is really quite deluded and pathetic into "a leader" for a "movement."

There was a whole lot going on in the film besides "boo hoo, weep for Arthur."

E.g., I don't think it's any accident that the "celebration dance" for the Joker was set to the hit song of a guy who is most well known as a pedophile now.

The movie pretty effectively made the Joker's insanity pretty questionable as well. He may have grandiose inner visions, but by the end of the film, it's pretty clear he knows the visions didn't happen, and he knows the difference between doing good and evil. He chooses evil because it feels good, and powerful.

The brilliance of the film is that it is a great mirror for whatever beliefs people bring into it. Folks all over the political spectrum despise it because they think it embodies, glorifies, and justifies whatever they see as evil. I saw it as a primer on how evil takes root, and spreads. By the end of the film, I had no more sympathy for this Joker than the Heath Leger version. (And no sympathy for the rioters at all, however the elites screwed Gotham.)

It showed the fer
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Joker.
    What a piece of Sh**t!
    It's a typical, "Society is the reason for evil." Oh the poor Joker is created by the ailes of society. It's not his fault he kills a shit load of people, it societies.
    Give me a fucking break. I'm just sick and tired of people having orgasims over the idea that assholes aren't responsible for their actions.
    He is a sick asshole that Batman should put away. (or kill) How many people would have lived live if somebody has the guts to put this mad dog down?
    But the movie celebrates his effen madness. The problem isn't the fact that he's a homicidal nut job, It's that society doesn't respect his "journey."
    This will be a perfect entry to the historical documentation of the fall of America.
    I had a completely different interpretation of that film. To me it was more about how the media can turn someone who is really quite deluded and pathetic into "a leader" for a "movement."

There was a whole lot going on in the film besides "boo hoo, weep for Arthur."

E.g., I don't think it's any accident that the "celebration dance" for the Joker was set to the hit song of a guy who is most well known as a pedophile now.

The movie effectively made the Joker's insanity pretty questionable as well. He may have grandiose inner visions, but by the end of the film, it's pretty clear he knows the visions didn't happen, and he knows the difference between doing good and evil. He chooses evil because it feels good, and powerful. (It would be easy to see the film as a pretty harsh critique on feeling "empowered.")

The brilliance of the film is that it is a great mirror for whatever beliefs people bring into it. Folks all over the political spectrum despise it because they think it embodies, glorifies, and justifies whatever they see as evil. I saw it as a primer on how evil takes root, and spreads. By the end of the film, I had no more sympathy for this Joker than the Heath Leger version. (And no sympathy for the rioters at all, however the elites screwed Gotham.)

It showed the fertile soil in which evil grows in a society, and that fertile soil is way more complex than "bad people are bad." But this film is full of explanations, not excuses for evil.

Prime example of complete excuse for evil: the old Punisher comics. There's a reason that he started out as a deluded Spider-Man villain. YMMV on his TV counterpart.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 02-17-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

My wife and I took the plunge on CBS All Access (a horrible deal) to watch Picard.

Loving it so far, can't imagine a better Next Generation sequel. Great cast, great special effects and better writting than TNG had on any kind of regular basis.

I started Discovery as well, just the first ep so far. I hate the lead character, but I understand she gets knocked down to earth pretty quickly. I wasn't too fond of the dialogue, or the Space-Orc, acting-proof make-up for the Klingons.

Good cinematography and special effects, though. I plan to go through season one, and give up if it doesn't hook me by then.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Started to watch October Faction - a Netflix vampire killer show. Mildy interesting but they were using HK MP7 PDWs in 1990. Oops.
    I tried that one, but all the teen drama killed my interest in the series. The whole thing seemed more high school angst than vampire killing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I tried that one, but all the teen drama killed my interest in the series. The whole thing seemed more high school angst than vampire killing.
    Yeah, it's stupid. Monster attacks the house and takes out an entire tactical team. The secret agent Mom, who is unarmed runs to the rescue and stops by the body of one team member to pick up ---- a very high end long arm or his handgun from the holster? Guess - duh!

Idiotic first aid for knife wounds.

Too much teen love life.

User Tag List