Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: new Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Glock knows what they are doing.

First the 42, then a 43 after the feeding frenzy was over. How many people bought both that would never have bought a 42 if they came out at the same time?
    Funny you'd say that... we picked up a 42 for my wife because she doesn't shoot the 43 too well. Now the 43 is all mine

Honestly, though, the 45 has no appeal for me, and neither does the 19X. But I will admit I'm being drawn more to a G19.5 as time goes on. Maybe that's what I'll do with the GSSF coupon when I register for the local match...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Some of you are complaining of too many models? GTFOH, try living somewhere where you’re stuck buying some Gen 3 models new or 19x’s for $1,200+ on the used market. Enjoy your first world problems. /rant

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Some of you are complaining of too many models? GTFOH, try living somewhere where you’re stuck buying some Gen 3 models new or 19x’s for $1,200+ on the used market. Enjoy your first world problems. /rant
    When I read rants like these I never know if they are coming from another country or California.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    When I read rants like these I never know if they are coming from another country or California.
    They’re basically the same...

You need more cop friends.

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    I think more are waiting for the single stack G19 sized G43 ...
    That would be the ticket, or even a G17 size or whatever they need to make it hold 10+1. I think it would be the perfect CCW gun. It would be legal everywhere, conceal really well, full grip, long sight radius, light weight.

We all like to pick this and that detail, color and whatnot...

But in truth, there is nothing this new G45 will do that a good Gen 3 G17/19 won't.... and the Gen 3 RSA is simpler and better IMO. Finger grooves are not a deal breaker for most anyone, and 95% of people are just fine without the removable backstrap.

Perhaps the Gen 5 is more accurate on average (?), but the Gen 3 guns are plenty accurate for their intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMP357 View Post
    On a tangent:

I never knew how infantile the commenters were on TFB until I checked out your link.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    That would be the ticket, or even a G17 size or whatever they need to make it hold 10+1. I think it would be the perfect CCW gun. It would be legal everywhere, conceal really well, full grip, long sight radius, light weight.
    I see this desire all the time and still don't get it. A Glock is not THAT wide that it's difficult to conceal. With a good holster it will be invisible under a t-shirt. My G43 is too skinny to be comfortable but I tolerate that because it can fit in my front pocket as a BUG. If a shooter wants a G19 sized grip, get the TTI +3 extension for the G43. But a single column G19 or G17 seems like a giant step backwards.

User Tag List