Thread: Galloway Precision Traction Grips

Galloway Precision Traction Grips

@Clusterfrack mentioned these in another thread a while back, so I thought I would order a set for my G19 MOS.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HSWXWT...roduct_details

Name:  IMG_9392.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  100.7 KB

Mine were about $12 shipped, and were sent the same day I ordered. Excellent. The install was as per normal with these things: clean with a lint-free cloth, with little alcohol, air dry, place material carefully, and smooth it in place. Then apply medium heat from a hair dryer with light pressure, over several cycles.

I like the three piece design, it installs much faster than others I've tried. The texture is pretty 'rubbery', and not rough at all (this is for my EDC). The big square is on the backstrap, and the extra small square is for under the trigger guard, and is a great idea; I find shooting Glocks that it irritates me slightly there, and this should help.

Will get to the range soon with a shooting report, but I like them so far.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-17-2021 at 04:50 PM.

After poor performance with Talon grips on my PPS I again tried them on my P2000SK. I was really happy with them on my HK, but alas, I had to remove them to install a short reset trigger kit. Having the backstrap texture as a separate piece is good idea and would have negated the need for me to remove the whole thing. Intrigued to see how these shake out for you.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Intrigued to see how these shake out for you.
    Will do. I'm waiting for Ameriglo to ship me a rear BUIS; I guess they've been delayed because it's just over a week. Anyway, it's en route, so I will reassemble the gun and put the optic back on, then get to the range later part of this coming week.

Shot my G19 MOS today with these grips. I did not put on my usual medium band-aide on my shooting hand index finger (where it rubs under the trigger guard.)

It was odd I didn't even notice the trigger guard irritation when shooting, which normally it would bug me. I attribute that to the grip surface. The rubbery grip surface of these grips seems about "just right", in that there is some give where you can crush grip the gun and feel like it's very solid.

Sometimes I use Tourna Grip RX (silica+alcohol, I think) but did not need it today, the rubber of the Galloway grips seemed to be ok.

So far so good.

The Talons on my Shield are close to giving up the ghost so I’ll look at a set of these as replacements, thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

No options for P2000SK from Galloway. Guess I'll be sticking with Talon.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List