Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I would buy something P365XL-sized in 9mm with the LCP Custom fire control system.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Wow. Only heavier by the ammo weight. This is a winner. No more deciding on eleven rounds of .22 or seven of .380 for pocket.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 06-30-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Wow. Only heavier by the ammo weight. This is a winner. I more deciding on eleven rounds of .22 or seven of .380 for pocket.
    .380 averages about 1/3 oz per round. So, less than 1.5 oz more, with flush 10 rounders. That’s a fair deal, right there.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    .380 averages about 1/3 oz per round. So, less than 1.5 oz more, with flush 10 rounders. That’s a fair deal, right there.

I have been very happy with the trigger in my .22 LCP2. All my 380 versions are first Gen DA triggers and I like them maybe a bit better but they and not as robustly built as the 2. They sure are slick out of the pocket though.

This dims my irrational desire for a G42 and threatens to tip the scale over my 642.

Well, thank goodness I didn't run out and buy that blue label G42 yesterday!

A more corrosion-resistant finish would have made it the potential ultimate pocket gun. Actually, if they work then it probably will still be the ultimate pocket gun.....
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    IReal sights too!
    My only real complaint about the original LCP is the "sights".

I bet Ruger sells a lot of these and expect my local smith to be Cerakoting a lot of slides. I am not in the market, but this one looks to be another winner for Ruger. There are a lot of LCP and LCP II pistols in pockets in my neck of the woods, and it appears there will be a lot more.

I took my postal scale and weighed a few micro guns fully loaded to see how they compared. Here is what I found:

S&W 442 w/ Crimson Trace boot grips / 5 rounds of Speer 135gr. Gold Dot 17 oz.

Glock 43 w/ flush magazine / 7 rounds of Federal 147gr HST 21.6 oz.

Sig P365 w/ pinky extension magazine / 11 rounds of Federal 147gr HST 23.8 oz.

Ruger LCPII w/ flush magazine / 7 rounds of Double Tap 95gr JHP 13.1 oz.

Ruger LCP-MAX w/ flush magazine / 11 rounds of CCI 95gr. FMJ 14.6 oz.

The LCP-MAX shoots much softer than the original LCP or LCP II. Only 1.5 oz. heavier fully loaded than the LCP II. The sights are fantastic. Ruger did everything right on this one.

User Tag List